FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photos of weirdos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree when they start to enforce their opinions and preferences on others that its going too far - why would anyone want to try to project a pienis on the side of a mountain today I don't really know... Lol. They especially don't have the right to cry foul if their enforcing their bliefs or exposing others to material or subjects that they don't want to.
I gotta agree with az's pov here - good points I guess I should have put some of them down as well.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

die thread die!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
wow, I really had no idea this thread would spawn this type of discussion, but I guess I should have known.

Since it has though, I will put in my two cents.

Cent #1 : While I may personally disagree with the whole prospect of homosexuality, I also personally disagree with anyone telling anyone else how they should live. The only time I have a serious problem with gay men is when they hit on me, and don't stop when I inform them I'm not gay, and yes, it has happened before. That being said, I have no problem with gay women, but not because I find the prospect of two smokin hotties makin out agreeable, it's because their lifestyle doesn't affect me.

Cent #2: I will say that I think many of the problems we in the U.S. are experiencing with gay bashing and whatnot is not caused by people's hatred of individual gay people. Instead I think many heteros just feel that if gays want to be treated normally, then they should act normally. A little story: Back home in Palm Springs (Actually Cathedral City), they have a gay pride festival every year. No one really had a problem with it until they started projecting laser images of penises and sexual positions on the mountainside. When people started complaining all of a sudden, they (the gays), cried foul and said they were the targets of discrimination. Now seriously, what would have happened if a couple of straight folk projected images of two straight people doing the dirty on the mountainside? For some reason, I have to believe thay would have been locked up in jail for breach of some morality law or other. Sometimes I think gay people believe that since they have a different sense of morality, that they are entirely above the law when it comes to things of that nature. I also know for a fact that not all gays are like that. All of my gay friends, and I have more than a couple, completely disagree with things like that. I would hope they were telling me the truth when it came to things like that, because it took a long time for me to earn their trust when it came to their sexuality.

Az's Bottom line:
A. It doesn't matter what someone's sexuality is. If they're a good person, then great, if not, they're a penis wrinkle any way you look at it.

B. If people want to be treated normally, then they should act normally. A lot of gays scream they want to be treated like your average human, but then cry out that they're special, this is something they need to work out for themselves. I for my part will treat them like I would want to be treated.

C. If anyone questions why I would name this topic "Photos of Weirdos", well, if I saw a bunch of straight guys dressing like that, I'd have still titled it the way I did.

Thank you. (steps down off soapbox)

What he said!

Paddyjack wrote:
Potato-VS- wrote:
I dont see a problem with being gay at all. There are many reasons for being both gay and straight and they all depend of the person in question. I don't really see why anyone has any right to judge someone just because their "gay" at all. After all, whats the difference between discriminating against a "gay" person and discriminating against a "black" person or a jew or someone with a different skin colour? Not much to me. And I believe that the supreme court of canada ruled that marrage is a "union of two people" or something like that and it has absolutly nothing to do with just a man and a woman at all any more. I don't know about you but Id say that no one is going to beat out the supreme court of canada in this case - not even a forign country's pressure such as the state's. I have no problem with the decision. They have as much right to live the way they want to as straight men/women. Also if gay marrage isn't allowed in canada how come people in ontario and people from the states are getting married in canada? To me it seems that it wouldn't be against the law at all then but hey I could be wrong. Personally I completly disagree with Nuclei but thats ok I accept his opinion and I hope he accepts mine. But over all when you get down to it theres no difference between a gay person and anyone else of any race, religion, country, when it comes to sexual orientation. After all, its their life let them live it the way they want to. After all, they have the same coloured blood pumping through their viens and arteries, they have the same organs as you and me (relativly) so whats the difference other than sexual orientation? None that I can see. And to answer some of your question: straight people do have parades all the time - how many practicing straight people go to a christmas pirade? Alot more than gay people because they out number them. It goes the same with other pirades and so forth - straight people have been participating in these pirades and events much longer than "gay" people. Therefore Id assume that straight people would have more pirades and events than gay people.

Just my two cents.

<TVB>Potato-VS-

I don't see how you can disagree with Nuclei, it seems to me you are saying the same thing but in different words

Yeah, what part of the post do you disagree with?

BTW, sorry for the extremely long post.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nuclei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:

Well... now this is interesting.... I think we should discuss our position on this next monday morning at work, Nuclei.... Myself, I think that gay marriage is a useless thing to discuss in politics, especially when there are things more important to discuss, such as war and economics, to name a few trivial things... Moreover, I see no reasons why they do need to marry.... Many heterosexuals couple do not marry and they are perfectly happy. On the other hand, many do... and are NOT happy

I am not saying that they have to get married...
I say that they should have the RIGHT to get married if they want to...

No discrimination based on race, religion, OR sexual orientation.
And I think that politics DO need to discuss on this since there IS discrimination against gay people and the topic was seemingly too hot to handle... until now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
die thread die!

die Nuclei die!

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azz, you hit it on the money, thats the one thing that always gets me, when poeple want to be treated fairly "like every one else" and then they want a special day, a special rally, reimbursed for the past abuses, use their minority status as a crutch to advance, I my self dont give a damn who you are, what you are or what you do, but if you use your "status" as a stepping stool to surpass those who are better than you, then i get angry, its the same w/bush, how he is trying to reform the affirmative action and being called racist, so, instead of discriminating agaist minorities, we are discriminating against the majority, I say, get rid of lables, do what you want in ur private life, it doesnt belong in the public, and dont ever try to ise it to get over someone else. sorry for preaching and if i have offended anyone, i too am sorry.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such parades usually have their origins in the past - when 'past abuses' were still taking place. They were set up in defiance - saying "We're here, and not matter what you do to us, we ain't going away". Some such parades disappear when the discrimination does - but others don't, they continue on as a tradition, partially cos they're fun and partially in rememberance for those who struggled during the times of discrimination.

Besides - what's wrong with a parade? People have em all the time for thousands of different reasons.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: