FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Owning Guns?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you own a gun, what do you use it for?
Recreation / Hunting
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Profession
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Security / Safety
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Do not own a gun
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger locks are cheap to purchase and work very well for safe storage

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wingle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im acctually trying to collect WWII guns right now i am looooking for a 1903A3 (sniper rifle)
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here to check out 1903 a3's, you should be able to find what you're looking for.

GunsAmerica
gindapoo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I possess some firearms for recreational purpose and what JD said is very appropriate. If you are not familiar with rifles or handguns specifically, it is best to start simple (and cheap to feed) with the .22 caliber. Great for plinking and honing skills, as well as training youngsters the basics of firearm safety and operation. My daughter is almost seven, and will be getting her first firearm lessons on the trusty single shot bolt action .22 this fall. (Actually, the BB gun will be first, but the .22 will follow shortly after.)

If you are familiar with firearms, then function defines form of the weapon. Good weapons for hunting differ from those that are used for protection. Even within general types of usage there with be different guns of choice (i.e the rifle I hunt squirrels with would not be the same one I hunt deer with--duh).

I have doubts about 9mm myself, but only because I have witnessed instances where a person wearing heavy winter clothing was shot with a 9mm and was completely unaffected. I know many people, including my uncle who is in law enforcement, that love their 9mm's because of the control of the pistol. I have fired a both 9mm and .45 autos, and .44mag and .38 revolvers and the 9mm was easy to control.

One last comment:
A gun, even if it is loaded, is an inanimate object.
For it to be dangerous, a gun needs a human who is an idiot in charge of it.

where the name came from<---clicky
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at a SIG also..that is my carry weapon and my comp gun
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't currently own a gun. However, if I were to get one it would probably be an Aschutz 1813 Match rifle. But that just comes from four years of shooting competitively.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: