FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dead Giveaway
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
Ah every thought about enabling friendly fire.

We can always try it for a couple of days ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
Blue Ruler wrote:

Good lord no, please, no...friendly fire is all nice and dandy when you're playing with people that KNOW how to play, but all too often, failures at the gaming world join the game and shoot their teammates like crazy. There are some people that will abuse FF too. I've seen an mg shoot his own teammates as they respawn before.

You can install a system that kicks people after they've killed too many teammates, but that's punishment to those that accidentally shoot their teammates in surprise. No one's perfect. You can install the one that allows people to punish or forgive their tk'er. However, too many people see fit to bury a guy or ignore the option completely because they're:
1) stupid
2) lazy
3) asses

Friendly Fire = bad public servers

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
Making it so they can't see who killed them , and where they are, possibly allows one man to defend a single small plaza for some time, as he waits for backup or something.

Do we want the map to stall when one man can bottle neck a map?

That's not what I meant. A person defending a plaza at the very front of his team's territory, by himself, cannot stall a map, unless he's super leet or your team is simply stupid. If his team chooses not to back him up, then your team should not have so much trouble killing one man that you absolutly cannot get near or through the plaza. If his team does decide to reinforce him, then it was simply a stratigic move done by the other team, and not a one-guy-defends-and-conquers-entire-map-forever ordeal.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the option so that when someone killed me I could give them an admin_slap.....just a thought......
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Blue Ruler wrote:

Good lord no, please, no...friendly fire is all nice and dandy when you're playing with people that KNOW how to play, but all too often, failures at the gaming world join the game and shoot their teammates like crazy. There are some people that will abuse FF too. I've seen an mg shoot his own teammates as they respawn before.

You can install a system that kicks people after they've killed too many teammates, but that's punishment to those that accidentally shoot their teammates in surprise. No one's perfect. You can install the one that allows people to punish or forgive their tk'er. However, too many people see fit to bury a guy or ignore the option completely because they're:
1) stupid
2) lazy
3) asses

Friendly Fire = bad public servers

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
Making it so they can't see who killed them , and where they are, possibly allows one man to defend a single small plaza for some time, as he waits for backup or something.

Do we want the map to stall when one man can bottle neck a map?

That's not what I meant. A person defending a plaza at the very front of his team's territory, by himself, cannot stall a map, unless he's super leet or your team is simply stupid. If his team chooses not to back him up, then your team should not have so much trouble killing one man that you absolutly cannot get near or through the plaza. If his team does decide to reinforce him, then it was simply a stratigic move done by the other team, and not a one-guy-defends-and-conquers-entire-map-forever ordeal.

tried a ff game once. hope i dont need to go through that again. i shot 3 of my teammates cause i was shooting a guy running behind them.

then i shot one in a close battle.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
I would like the option so that when someone killed me I could give them an admin_slap.....just a thought......

I think any time ANYONE is killed in the game, Lunt gets an admin_slap ....

Back to the topic. Is there a way to have it so that a map vote occurs at the beginning of each map (~2 mins into the map)? Then those there can vote if they want friendly fire on or off.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Blue Ruler wrote:

You can install a system that kicks people after they've killed too many teammates, but that's punishment to those that accidentally shoot their teammates in surprise. No one's perfect. You can install the one that allows people to punish or forgive their tk'er.

Haven't seen any that automatically kick players if they happen to shoot team-mate. The one I'm referring to is the one thats forgive or not and kicked after not being forgiven "x" amount of times.

It was and is just a thought to add variety.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind FF too much, but there would need to be something like what blue was refering to, to keep people in check.

FF is cool every once in a while, it adds to the realizm of the game.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel exactly the way Smegma does here. Just because two or three people that dont like it complain, I will not change it. There are many more that like it the way the game is. One or Two good snipers/campers could ruin a whole game. Lets keep the game moving along, not at a standstill.

These servers are not just for the few Elite Players that are out there, they are for everybody of every skill level.

There are alot of new people coming in Day by Day, alot of them have never played the game before, and if they sit there and get owned by a Camping Sniper, they will leave. Move around, dont just sit there and camp and then bitch, that you got fragged.

As for the "Threat" of going to a differnt server, I have heard that one before. Leave then, i would rather have people playing who are having a good time.

As for realistic, Isnt this just a game? Remember its not real life, it will never be realistic no matter how many changes are made. Get used to the fact it is a game.

Dont even think about enabling friendly fire, we tried it before and got flamed for it..
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i`ve played on good ff servers and i have played on bad ff servers and the one thing i noticed is that the people that just shoot at everything blindly have a real hard time. it takes more team work and communication with ff on and thats why people don`t like it. u actually have to let people on your team know when and where you are and where your ganna be next . and throwing grenades when ff is on is a whole other story

RIP- BlueRuler
unterseebiermeister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly. that's why i like FF. people with super fast reflexes but no other skills get penalized under FF + kick after too many unforgiven TKs. being old and possessing alcohol pickled nerve sheaths i am all for anything that takes an advantage away from the 12 yr old 6 hour a day gamerz
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good go never ever ever ever enable friendly fire. Sure i am normally on the more realistic side of things in the DOD world but friendly fire just invites people to be jack ass's and i don't mean donkey's. Okay i am going back in my hole now since i have been biting my fist in this whole debate trying not to get involved like i did last time.

Powdermilkman
broke the wayback machine now is just sitting in limbo
Darkath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about servers with FF on that just plain confuses me is that they punish you for team killing. Isn't the point of having FF to make the game more realistic? What I'm trying to say is why do they punish for team killing when they have FF on to be able to team kill in the first place?

I think it's a good idea to keep TV1 the way it is, and leave it so it shows the person who killed you. This helps prevent people from being ub3r-campers (which happens enough on DoD with it on). Personally, if I'm camped somewhere, I like the idea of them seeing me because that means that they will come back for more which gives me another opprotunity to shoot em

^^^ Clicky
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRkAtH wrote:
I think it's a good idea to keep TV1 the way it is, and leave it so it shows the person who killed you. This helps prevent people from being ub3r-campers (which happens enough on DoD with it on). Personally, if I'm camped somewhere, I like the idea of them seeing me because that means that they will come back for more which gives me another opprotunity to shoot em

It also helps to prevent camping in a way. If people know where you are then you are now a target instead of staying hiden the whole game. I don't like the dark screen.

I hate friendly fire even worse. I tried it once on another server and won't ever do that again. I can already see the complaint department filling up with complaints of llamas on their own team killing them.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRN wrote:
I can already see the complaint department filling up with complaints of llamas on their own team killing them.

thats the thing im worried about, llamas will use it to kill the hole team so you lose.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
It was and is just a thought to add variety.

Guezz don't bite my head off it was only an idea #Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: