FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sig's... paint shop pro... any tips...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: sig's... paint shop pro... any tips... Reply with quote

hey im playin wiv pain shop pro.. cos i want to learn how to do some of the neat stuff you can do wiv it..

i started playin wiv it a while back then just couldnt be bothered.. but this time i want to try n learn properly..

my first attempt at folowin some of the tutorials to make metalic text came out how u c my sig..

its ok i spose for me, a begginer, but it looks crap overall..

any tips for paint shop pro would be great. ta peeps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use adobe photoshop 7.0

the shovelnose says photoshop is gay but photoshop says the shovelnose is gay.

jorb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS = 1337 for creating sigs
PSP = 1337 for editing things

That being said, I'm not a PSP pro. I did teach myself almost all of photoshop by looking through various tutorials and experimenting with my own things though.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the hell out of PSP 6 and it's great for making things like signatures.

1. Learn to use layers. (menu up top)
2. Learn to use the wand! (in your tools on the left)
3. Learn to use fades and texturing. (menu up top)

Layering is how you can add other pictures/text over an existing picture. With layering, you can edit/manipulate all the different layers without effecting the others. For instance, say you have a picture with 5 layers, you can drop or raise any layer, make a layer a different color (black&white), without effecting all the other layers. Once you are done, you combine/merge the layers into 1 and then save.

When creating a new picture or cutting from one, you can make the background transparent. This is done in the options menu that pops up when you create a new picture. This way you can place pictures on top of other pictures without having a backgroud.

The wand selects everything in the area that is the same color. Like, if you had a picture of this forum and used the wand on the purple, it would select all the purple in that area. Then you can cut it or whatever, all in one chunk. This makes for fast editing.

Blending, texturing, and use of colors can be accessed from the top menu. You can create really basic but cool stuff with these options.

Basically, just find a picture. .and play with it. Mess with everything! It truly is the best way to learn. That's how I did it. You can't screw anything up so just play around and you'll figure it out fast. Don't be afraid of all the buttons! You'll never truly know what they do until you click on them!

Some helpfull hot keys. .

Ctrl+C = Copy
Ctrl+X = Cut
Ctrl+V = Paste
Ctrl+Z = Undo
Alt+Tab = Switch windows

You can use these hot keys in any program. Get good and those and you'll fly.

Beyond that, I'll be set up on ICQ again soon and will be more than happy to help you more there.

Have fun!
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sig was the first image I made with Photoshop and I think it turned out pretty good. I did it just by trying each button and undoing it if it wasn't what I wanted untill I ended up with the effect I wanted. It's pretty cool how much stuff you can do with those programs.

I also wanted to try my attempt at an animated image with one of the programs that came with photoshot (I think it's called Adobe ImageReady) and it worked pretty much the same but with other special features. I made my avatar with it.

So gl on your sig making experience and I hope you learn how to make really cool sigs. And the font in your current sig look cool in my opinion with the silver look.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the tutorials?

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, some links to some great PSP tutorials:

http://www.pinoy7.com/default.htm

Great resource for creating some nice interfaces for websites, making textures, or adding funky text effects.

http://www.absolutecross.com/

A great resource for PS and PSP tutorials.

What you can apply to PS you can also apply to PSP. Its harder but they have almost exactly the same effects it just takes practice to get it to look the same .

Hope it helps,
<TVB>Potato-VS-
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the links potato, i'll look at them when i'm bored or something.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: