FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Laser Guided Mgs... who has advice?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying (not too strenuously) to get into the 36 weapons club, but for the life of me I don't know how these laser guided rocket mgs work. Its sniper upgraded, right? So its laser guided, like by the sniper's laser? If someone can explain, I'd appreciate it. And JD if you want me to move this later, just post let me know.

FingerDemon
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes snipers upgrade mg's to laser-guided missiles launchers. The laser-guided missiles are kinda slow and have delays between each missile shot. But they will follow the nme it shoots at to some extent and curve to follow him (not too sharply). They do miss often against faster classes. They have good range though. They will fire at nme's all the way across cap 3 on warpath almost. This mg is best positioned up high and somewhat at a distance from where they are firing at. A scout i believe could come around the corner and strafe around and nailgun it to death. Also, if they shoot at an upward angle at first, so dont position it where there is a ceiling or a wall the rocket will run into.
Maian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, Ive figured out the secret to lgm, and aml (both work basically the same when used by sniper). First, position it, somewhere that is on the same plane as most everything else. In other words, dont place it high up on a single place. Next, you should be close to it, although you dont have to. Third, turn on your laser. Now, the only way to use this correctly is to bind a button to _special2. Now, once you have all this, just aim the laser somewhere on the same plane as the aml/lgm. In otherwords, if you were to be as low to the ground as the aml/lgm, you could look straight forward, and if you could see far enough, you could see the laser. Now, while the laser is aimed, press your bound button. This will cause a missile to shoot out, and head for where ever your laser is pointed. Once the missile is in the sky, you can basically point the laser anywhere you can see, and the missile will follow it. But if you break the beam (shoot the sniper rifle, causing it to turn off), while the missile is in the air, it will explode in midair. And if a rocket crosses its path, it will divert from its laser path, and shoot down the incoming rocket. It is perfect for taking down large, slow moving targets, i.e. hwgs, and soldiers (since their rockets become useless). Use this information well.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just shoot them in the head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Maian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but its more fun to guide a rocket around.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
F^B^I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yah shoot it in the head
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm................it didn't work 4 me last time i tried it...maybe i was 2 close 2 a wall or something...........

-Omega SiN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: