FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to play avanti!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When attacking on avanti, do you think that it is a good tactic to have 2-3 engies guarding the respawn and have half the team camping their sorry asses next to the sgs?

And when you are defending, do you think that it is a good tactic to have NO engies but just a couple demomen and snipers?

I'm guessing that most of you would have said Hell no! to that, and you're right about that!

I must have cleared cps 2,3 and 4 about 50 times tonight, all the while shouting CAP CLEAR GOGOGO, and to my surprise no one came with the flag, I would then proceed to go down to my respawn and I would find that the flag was still neatly tucked away on its flag holder thing.

Here's a tip for you tfcers young and old: don't be afraid to get your hands dirty! Stop guarding your respawn, if someone is attacking your respawn he should be banned anyways. At the most you should have 1 engy on the attacking team, for emp strikes and maybe to build an sg, not in your respawn but IN THE FIELD, to keep your enemies from advancing thus allowing your main attack force to have an easier time getting to the cp point!
LET SOLDIERS CAP! I can't stress this enough, if there is a good rocketjumping soldier on your team GIVE HIM THE FLAG, medics are good flag cappers and pyros can be good also! Scouts arent always good in avanti because of all of the sgs that there will be guarding the cap point. Snipers, engineers, hwguys, demomen should not worry about capping your main objectives are respectively to
-fend off enemy snipers
-spam emps, build sgs
-provide support for flag capper
-spam the command points
here is a good tip for capping points in avanti SPAM, choose a person with good grenades (preferably solly or demoman) and spam the cp point! mirvs are the ultimate sg killers! I have been able to destroy 3 sgs and many nmes on one spamming run by shooting pipes, mirvs and normal grenades.

If you are defending on avanti you should have 2-3 engineers, 1 demoman, 1-2 hws, 1-2 snipes, 1-2 soldiers.
CP3 is arguably the most intense part of any round, a good defense can hold the enemy at cp3 for the WHOLE GAME. Here are some sg placing spots.
-the two small ledges next to cp3 are the best places to place your sg, the ledge that is connected to the steps leading to cp3 is the best place to put your sg, why? because it provides optimal cover for the engineer and has a good view of the whole battlefield.
-another good place to put your sg is right next to that side door, there are some problems with this spot though. It gives the engineer very little cover as the sg is open to attack from all sides which could mean getting riddled by your own sgs bullets more than once.

Anyways...i'll probably write more later, but i'm really tired and I'm going to bed...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: