FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help with multiple clients running through a router

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stoney

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Help with multiple clients running through a router Reply with quote

I am not able to play DOD on both my computers. I have cable connection and a router. I can get both pc's to play any other mod of HL on the same server at the same time, but DOD will not let two computers play at the same time =( (I have two unique serial numbers). Has anyone else heard of this? If so, is there a way to fix it?
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run two network cards in my computer, 1 for the home network and one to the cable modem. The other computer connects thru my computer to the interent. We have had 0 problems.

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run 3 comp. off mine but I have 3 ip's never have any problems. But they all have different cd codes.
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the second pc trys to join the game does it freeze up the one that is already connected? Also....what router are you using? Any firewall?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same setup as DIH, no probs either

it might be the router is trying to get both comps to use the router's same port, which wont work... can you open ports on the router itself, or tell the HL thing to use a differnt port to go out of?

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: