FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Choosing a team.... getting kick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Choosing a team.... getting kick. Reply with quote

I loaded DoD and was ready to play this weekend. When I launched the game and connected to tv7 everything was fine. The game comes up and I can see the map and some players, but when I choose either axis or allies.... I get kick out.

Is this a common problem and I couldn't find the thread, or is it a new thing? Any thoughts would help.

Thanks.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never happened to me before.
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get kicked by console or does the game just crash back to desktop? Try to change your video mode.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that it is not the console kicking me, rather just crashing back to the desktop.

I'll try the video mode though.... I never did set it up anyway. Thanks.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, It did have to do with my video settings. The weird part is that I use openGL on TFC, but that doesn't work for DoD. I had to change it to software... and it isn't as smooth, but it worked. Only problem there is that when I change it for one it effects both, so I have to change it everytime

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamese wrote:
Ok, It did have to do with my video settings. The weird part is that I use openGL on TFC, but that doesn't work for DoD. I had to change it to software... and it isn't as smooth, but it worked. Only problem there is that when I change it for one it effects both, so I have to change it everytime

Thanks for the info.

BTW I had the same problem and when the next release of video drivers came out for my MX400, I was able to switch back and all was well, so update video drivers or wait for your next release.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamese wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I have to do that too heh, i need different modes for every mod at the ville'
Chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
Hamese wrote:

Thanks for the info.

BTW I had the same problem and when the next release of video drivers came out for my MX400, I was able to switch back and all was well, so update video drivers or wait for your next release.

Let me know when they are realeased if possible cause my D3D mode (for cs and DoD) is creating ALOT of empty vertexs and missing textures.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: