FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Pyro Post

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright all you aspiring pyrotechnitians, I'm gonna teach you fella some good stuff that will make you stay alive longer, get better scores, and piss off all the snipers, engys, and spies on these servers. Everyone says the pyro is a weak and worthless class? Take advantage of that when you attack and defend. Most people see a pyro and think moron, but if you do it right you are the largest threat to any class. Your rockets as everybody knows are great for distracting snipers and lighting up engys and their sg's. The flamethrower id's sipes for ur team, so "FIRE IT UP!" Now, onto some more complex stuff. You have the single best grenade in the game, the napalm. For any of you who actually see these babies, the flames actually move about and spread. Drop a few around a corner and kiss any sg's goodbye on the other side. The pineapple will become your best friend as well, use it to weaken heavier classes like soldiers and hw and torch them up close for hw or from a distance with soldiers. The pyro also has the best grenade jump in the game. Chuck a grenade like you were going to conc of off it, and at the last second hop and do a rocket jump with the incindiary cannon over the grenade. It takes a lot of health, but I can jump from outside the base in warpath all the way over to the right ramp with it. It also is useful on 2fort and avanti. One word though, avoid engineers like demented, omega, and TYO who always have an emp primed. You will explode, giblets will fly, and they will laugh. Other than that, march onward my army of pyromaniacs!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid of pyro's. If they don't kill you, they will weaken you up for someone else to kill you. Tfc 1.5 upgraded the pyros alot and made them stronger.
Here are some ways to counter pyros
1. EMP if a pyro has more than 130 cells, a direct emp blast will kill him.
2. never run backwards when you are on fire. If you do the fire will go in front of you and completely block your vision

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ashamed of myself for even pointing this out, but the Pyro is also one of those classes where you can put up a pretty low Kill/Death ratio and still be rewarded in the stats. So grab a flamethrower, statheads.

A Pyro point that can't be stressed enough is that their rocket launcher can fire 20 rounds CONSECUTIVELY and have a wide area of effect. I see a lot of Pyros who fire a single rocket, then stop for a few seconds to admire their work. Don't play it like a Soldier where you have to make every rocket count. Spread the fun around.

A question, though. Is it even possible for a Pyro to do a decent rocket jump? I can pull of a rocket jump nicely as a Soldier, but as a Pyro I just hop in place like an idiot.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to a server and I'll show you how good pyros are at jumping. Ask rocketfly about that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you are lazy there are some good scripts for RJing with pyros

RF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. I tried playing pyro today. Let my stats speak for itself.(dropped 250 points)(yeh i suck at pyro)

P.S. Listen to Bakuryu, he's really good a pyro.
Monk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a really nice rocket jump if you use a napalm grenade to give you a boost. Just throw the napalm grenade as if you were going to do a conc jump, and just as it explodes, jump over it a shoot your rocket down onto it. You should be able to get some pretty good height.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The regular grenade works *slightly* (heavy sarcasm) better than the napalm jump. Been roasting and found something interesting, listening to Linkin Park and going berserk results in increased skill, more kills than deaths, clammy palms, and uncrollable bowel movements (ok so maybe not the clammy palms ). Use strafing to your advantage and keep yourself away from the little red dots.
Monk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a normal grenade will give you a better boost, but at a greater loss of health/armor.

stupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will fly farther with an IC napalm combo jump if you make the napalm hand held and dont drop it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: