FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HL video bug

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usually Dead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: HL video bug Reply with quote

I don't know if this problem had been talked about in this forum or not. I appologize if it has. But I need some help.

My problem is this. Every time I start Half-Life (and any of its mods), the video mode resets itself to the default instead of sticking at what I set it to the last time I played. Instead of my preferred 800X600 OpenGL, it starts with the default 640X480 Software Mode.

Here's the weird thing. The video mode only resets itself only when I reboot. That means I can start Half-Life, set the video mode to 800X600 OpenGL, then restart Half-Life, and the video mode will stick at 800X600 OpenGL. But if I restart my computer then HL resets itself to 640X480 Software. That's what made me think it's not a problem with my config.cfg file. But I'm not sure.

Finally, this problem isn't fatal. It's just an inconvience having to set the video mode every time I play. Half the time I forget and end up playing in the gwadawful 640X480 Software mode, which means I have to quit the server and change it. I would really like it if someone could help me make my video mode stick. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: HL video bug Reply with quote

Usually Dead wrote:
I don't know if this problem had been talked about in this forum or not. I appologize if it has. But I need some help.

My problem is this. Every time I start Half-Life (and any of its mods), the video mode resets itself to the default instead of sticking at what I set it to the last time I played. Instead of my preferred 800X600 OpenGL, it starts with the default 640X480 Software Mode.

Here's the weird thing. The video mode only resets itself only when I reboot. That means I can start Half-Life, set the video mode to 800X600 OpenGL, then restart Half-Life, and the video mode will stick at 800X600 OpenGL. But if I restart my computer then HL resets itself to 640X480 Software. That's what made me think it's not a problem with my config.cfg file. But I'm not sure.

Finally, this problem isn't fatal. It's just an inconvience having to set the video mode every time I play. Half the time I forget and end up playing in the gwadawful 640X480 Software mode, which means I have to quit the server and change it. I would really like it if someone could help me make my video mode stick. Thanks.

Why didn't you tell me about his BEFORE you went to bed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Usually Dead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! YOU LIVE TWENTY FEET FROM ME! If I wanted to bother you with the problem, I would have gone DOWNSTAIRS and asked you about it. Omg.

I know you've got stuff keeping you busy, work, finances, and what prescious little free time you have. So now that I'm on the Ville, I thought I'd try to get help from another source. After all, you've been helping me with computer problems my whole life. I thought you'd earned a break.

Not that I'm saying you can't help me, though my ungreatful tone might imply it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys need some time alone?? This is actually something new to me. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I set mine and it always sticks.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherly conflict is always solved by wrestling.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen my stapler?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually Dead wrote:

I know you've got stuff keeping you busy, work, finances, and what prescious little free time you have. So now that I'm on the Ville, I thought I'd try to get help from another source. After all, you've been helping me with computer problems my whole life. I thought you'd earned a break.

As I just said to you in person, relax!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: