FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making a SIG

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackHawk_REG_1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Making a SIG Reply with quote

okay, i'm gonna be making a SIG here in a while, and i was wondering, could i use .jpg, .bmp, .gif ? and if someone would show me the format to put it up, i'd be thankful!!! also, do i have to have a server host the image first or can i upload it from my computer?
THANKS!!

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you can use whatever type of picture format you want, as long as it's a relatively common one. You do,however have to host it from a site, and as others have expounded, not all web-hosts are equal, some won't allow off-site linking (which is what you have to do here, I think). You can however use your ville space (once you've coughed up the dough you cheap bastages!!! j/k) to store your pics on. I am myself in the process of figuring this one out as I am trying to store one type of pic on my website, and another type, here at the ville. Anyways, if you do go the member route (or already have, I dunno), JD has made some very helpful FAQ's for everyones use! Well, I"m off to use that very FAQ right now!!! Later, and long live the medics |vm|!!!!!
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpgs are okay, i do a lot with those, but the compression can throw off the colors you want, if the colrs aren't toooo important then go ahead. gif's seem to do a good job at keeping the color but i have no idea how they compress or anything like that. bmp.. well i liek to stay away fromt hose unless i'm making an in-game spray or somethin like that....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for file type, jpg is the way to go since they are the smallest in size
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: