FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Binding keys : never die typing!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Binding keys : never die typing! Reply with quote

Instead of typing things alot get used to stuff you say/type alot and bind it to a key.Anything you can think of basically can be bound to a key.Here's a few of mine bind "d" "say BADA BOOM!",bind "9" "say_team need help on defense",bind "z" "SG DOWN GO!",bind "p" "_special2",bind "\" "detdispenser".Just type these types of lines in console ~ on an empty server or in create a game or find your config file in Sierra on your computer Never die typing again

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX BADA

i been wondering how u bind somthink that u have typed to a key

just one question -- does whatever u bound to that key stay bound when u close the game -- wil the sentance still b bound the next time u play??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
3xander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, anything you bind to a key in the console should be there the next time you play TFC. The exception to this would be if you had a seperate .cfg file that might overrwrite your config.cfg file. Some people recommend that you set your config.cfg file to read-only after you get it set the way you want.

A possibly easier way to bind keys would be to do it right in your config.cfg file. Mine is in my C:\Half-Life\tfc folder, but if you installed it in the default, it may be in C:\Sierra\Half-life\tfc folder. To me this is easier to add binds, because you can easily see what keys you already have bound. In your TFC folder, just open the config.cfg file in notepad and edit it how you wish. FIRST, however, I would recommend backing it up in case anything goes wrong.

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you didn't put the word bind it " " marks. In my config file I have as an example - bind "f1" "say Behold the power of the nipple" . Is that just something you would have to do in the console?? Just wondering

God Bless You Blue Ruler
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a bad sign when EVERY single one of your keys either does something or SAYS something? lol..tahts meee!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that's not bad that's the point #Bad Talk

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to bind stuff but I always want to add a name of some other piece of custom info. Now I have nothing but some old binds that I hit by accident some times left. I perfer typing it all out now. Death means little to me...
Of course if I played this in a tournament type game atmosphere, I would problably have some of the important ones bound, or use voice.

Plus binds get repeative after a while and they get annoying fast if over used.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Roof when you hit the hot keys on accident and spam Lately I bound some simple offensive and deffensive things like flag in danger,incoming enemy spies,and I've always had SG down and Cap clear bound

Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about binds: is there something that says what class you are, like %h=your current health, %a=your current armor, %l=your curent location, etc. is there one for your current class?
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on class but yes %h gives your health,%a gives your armor,and %l gives your approximate location.I forgot about the %l I just added it to a couple of my binds thanks

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now all you guys gotta do is bind your class
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I haven't bothered with that yet Any tips ? Where did you find your communication script ?

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my comm script

Dahak had posted how he made him in our forum a bit ago, and computer did just a little while ago. Bascially you have setinfo "ec" "1" in your config.cfg. Then for each of the classes you will rebind the keys. So scout would be bind z "saveme;say_Team Hey guys i r in teh need of a medic [Scout] %h %a" and then sniper would be the same thing, but you would but Sniper where scout is. For the say_team bind I use, you need to make another set of class configs (I have them in a different folder, /messagemode), then in the first set (the one hl reads) you would have bind u "exec /messagemode/demoman.cfg" along with the rest of your binds (like the saveme one), then in /messagemode/demoman.cfg you need to have messagemode "say_team [Demoman] [%h]H [%a]A" you can change format of the teamsay. And if you are wondering, you cannot do this with one file because you would need to have embeded quotes which hl is not capable of reading.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now im really confused..
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose_Slayer wrote:
Now im really confused..

Just imagine how a blonde feels, like myself. I start out understanding something and then Lin posts and I'm completely lost. He will make a good professor for college.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: