FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Soldier vs HW...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Soldier vs HW... Reply with quote

Which works better overall? shooting rocket at head for more dmg, or legs to move him around?
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont use sollies -- but i do use HW's -- and i dread coming up against a solly -- the good sollies always get me -- they usually aim at my feet but i try and jump so thier is less damage

im not really sure what is best cos if u aim for the head -- they can duck and u will miss them all together -- but if u aim 4 the feet -- they can jump but it will still hurt em.

i would say feet -- cos u always get some health of them -- but i dont use sollies that often so im probably wrong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting at a HW's feet doesn't move him around all that much...therefore I would say go for the maxium damage you can get. Just make sure you don't miss becuase then you are f00ked.
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit them in the mid section. You want a direct hit, but you don't want them to jump/duck and have it miss.

On the other hand, three rockets, a nade, and a shotty blast will kill a HW at full health, so if i have that option i usually do that and aim for the feet so i don't miss. Or just dump all four rockets into him with a nade.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do this, when u see an HW prime a grenade shoot rockets at his feet, then when the grenade is almost done shoot a rocket at one side of him and the nade on the other. That gives most HWs a free ride to the respawn. This is what I like to do though. Have super shotty as last weapon. Then shoot one rocket at the HW switch to super shotty shoot him once go back to rocket repeat this till he is dead, and remember to strafe around him. Works on most of the HWs I have faced.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you run! hehehehe

The way the better sollys kill me as HWs they jump and starfe a lot! And use multiple weapons/nades. If you stand still in front of me, you will die. You may take me out, but you are going with me. And whatever you do.... don't back up... you will back right into my overshot MIRV. That is one way of dealing with people who seem to like to run away from me... hehehehe

If you are playing against a HW like YPAWOM or Rata-tat-tat, my sugeestion is avoidance. If you get a glimpse of them. GO THE OTHER WAY. HIDE IN RESPAWN! Just do not face them. You will die. hehehehe

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well somewhat situationally dependent. I typically aim near the mid section so that even if I over shoot a little I'll still hit the feet.

DO NOT STOP MOVING

Standing still=Chewed alive by the AC. Do have the Shotty ready for the quick switch, although most the time the 4 rockets and a nade will do the trick. But if your low on rockets and have no nades then just do what damage you can and try to restock and reload.
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldier should always win against HW, unless the solly is reloading, out of grenades, low on health, etc. I always prime a grenade when I see an Hw, then I dump 4 rockets into him, throw the grenade, and if he's not dead, I shoot him with the shotty. I shoot rockets at the HW's feet, unless you can hit him directly, go for it. Otherwise, they're pretty boring to kill. The most fun to kill is sniper. Just shoot at rocket at his feet, and shotgun him in the air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the terrain on the map to hide/reload and aim for the feet if you miss one rocket against hw you will usually die.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best thing when gogin for a HW is to ahve one on your own team pump AC into their face so they get into a HW-duel thing, then go behind em with the cbar...you get the cbar kill, and they get the humiliation of being cbared...hopefully that will make them not want to be HW anymore, and they will go cry somewhere...

AAActually.... i empty my RL into them, then get some cover and wait for em to stop firing...(all the while reloading) then you reappear, and they have to spin-up again to fire, but by then its more RPGs and a greande and theyre done...use the time they have to take to start their AC to your advantage, they are most helpless during it, and EXPECIALLY slow...

DIE DIE DIE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
hopefully that will make them not want to be HW anymore, and they will go cry somewhere...

DIE DIE DIE

You will never make me cry!!!!

KILL KILL KILL

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can hit an hw in the chest or in the head that means you have good aim. But usually to kill an hw you have to be persistent. You have to move about like in a rectangular motion. Do not jump so much because you will be blown up in the air. Once you are rendered in the air who knows what will be down to break your fall. Either your legs will break or spam will be there to help ya die. Gibbon! Raph!

If you can dodge and shoot at the same time the HW will have a hard time shooting you. A good HW has good aim, and what they do is point and shoot and follow you with their AC. If you shoot their feet it messes up their aim. Four rockets and a nade will kill an hw if you manage to get direct hits. Usually splash hits are good, but direct hits are of course a lot better. If you hit an hw in the chest it will take more damage off then a splash hit.

I say you should practice headshots and bodyshots because they are always good to do. Not only that but have your SSG (super shot gun) handy and always reload your weapons: RL and SSG. People make that mistake a lot, one not having their SSG handy and two, not reloading. The SSG is a good weapon for long range and short range. An SSG is a burst weapon so it can hit of course If you can't hit your enemy from a far distance and know they are low in health, switch to your SSG. Make sure you have a bind to quick switch to your SSG. A good soldier makes good judgements, hehe. Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
sSdD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hit em in the feet.... it moves em a bit... just enough to throw off their aim enough..... which gives u enough time to continue hittin em in the feet... i usually prime one nade before i shoot at em... let it go then prime another... while slaughtering (big word) with rockets... works for me... except against those experienced hws
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As solly, when you are jumping and moving, be careful not to get to close. Right up next to the AC is a bad place to be, because the bullets haven't had the opportunity to spread out and miss you. I always shoot at a HW's feet, because if you miss once with a rocket and don't do any damage, you D-E-A-D.

Also, don't run from the HW gods. They are excellent practice. After going up against them, I love meeting up with a lower talent HWguy. I can kick some HW butt now because of YPAWOM and Rata and Hat and the rest. Uh... I just can't kick butt AGAINST YPAWOM and Rata and Hat and the rest.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: