FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sniper tips ( plz post any u got )

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: sniper tips ( plz post any u got ) Reply with quote

i put this thread here cos im trying to learn how to use a sniper poperly and i need all the help i can get

currently im a crap snipe but i wont to b able to do what other snipes do to me -- hit me in the head ( all the time ) even when running, jumping and ducking

i think its a real asset to a team to have a good sniper and i wont to b an asset to the team im on -- i really wont to b a good snipe but its so hard leaning that i keep reverting back to what im used to -- hopefully any posts u make will make it easier 4 me to learn this class.

thanx 4 all posts that u make
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here also.

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129&start=0
Brujah

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing I can say is play it and develop strategies your keen to, I see all these tip posts and I enjoy them.. but It all boils down to if you don't play it.. you won't get better at it
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bru made a good point. Chk out Roof's post it looks good. If your still confused I'll try to help ya

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
bobins

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanxs people -- i've checked out roof's link and that was good but i realize that i will only get better with practice so 4 the next week or so im only gona play as a snipe ( as long as others havent taken the class )

so if u c me in a game with minus points u know what im doing -- lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: well, I am not a GREAT sniper, but I can still give u advise Reply with quote

Narrow your field of vision, what this means is, only snipe a certain small area where there are alot of enemies. Like, take ur palm, put it on ur screen, and that is about the area that u should target, and block as much of the rest with walls as possible. This for one, allows u to focus on the guys coming from that spot, and it also allows u to not be seen by other snipers who are usually better than u(no personal insult intended ) Thats all I got for yaz, hope it helps:)

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop hiding or hanging back get in there and fight grgrgrgr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah listen to blue or end up like this guy....-----/> #Afro

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just posting a progress report

if u have been playing against me lately ( especially on saturday ) i have been playing a lot with the snipe and its coming along ok -- i got 209 kills with the sniper rifle most of them from saturday ( im 20th on the sniper rifle kills list )

i think im fairly good at sniping from a distance now but the one thing that im strugling with is sniping up close - when people run at u from around a corner or on a hectic map like avanti or warpath -- any tips on close combat with a snipe would b appreciated
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: