FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pyro $ki11z
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense a pyro wave coming.

To be a pyro, you need to know how to switch weapons between the IC (incinderary cannon) and flamethrower fast. Just practice pushing 4 and click, then 5 and click, then repeat really fast. Or you can use Q for last weapon. And you also need to have good soldier skills, because you'll be timing your rockets. Note that the IC is much slower than the rocket. Two more things, you need to know how to prime grenades and circle/side strafe.

All right, now that you have all the essentials to be a pyro, you need to find an enemy! I find HWs and Snipers are easiest to kill, since they stand in one spot most of the time. First, shoot the IC at him with your l337 rocket skills, then switch to the flame thrower and circle-strafe around him while flaming. You might want to prime a grenade if you're facing anything except a Sniper. That would be a waste on a Sniper, since they die in a few seconds anyway.

What if you're facing another pyro? I'd just run back to a friendly SG and watch him get owned. But if you really want to fight him, use your grenades! Grenades weaken the armor, and without armor, pyros are just as flammable as snipers!

Pyros are not only good flamers, they're also good cappers. They're slower only to the medic and scout. If you want, you can also grenade jump, although you'll lose a lot of your health.

Some more miscellaneous info. Shoot your IC at your teammates sometimes, especially if they're running back. You'll let everyone know it's a spy. And don't use your shotgun, unless you're sure that your enemy needs one more hit. It just sucks. Crowbars are fun for whacking the "dead" bodies on the ground and see them die again. Watch out for EMPs, or else all that flammable stuff on your back will go BOOM!

Now that you're ready to be a pyro, grab your tank o' fire, fire tools, and asbestos suit and run out flaming like a Whybkuul!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegaMan_X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright another Pyro!!!! I would just like to add that any target is an easy target when you got a good flame thrower in your hands.

Sniper BBQ is my favorite!

PyROZen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job on the 1337 tips. Only thing i do different is i hardly use the IC, and instead use the shotty at long range. Just throw a gren and it usually brings them closer to you and you can flame them some more.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest thing I ever saw a pyro do was this...

I was a HW with the flag going for cap 4 on Avanti. Directly behind me was a medic who was pumping me. Directly behind him was a pyro who was throwing flames to disguise us all. Unfortunately, the SG wasn't fooled.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hint for pyro (and anyone else)

bind mouse-scroll-up to next wep
bind mouse-scroll-down to last wep.

you can change from flame to ic in like 1 second.
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the last weapon key would be faster than scrolling. And am I the only one that uses the arrows keys to move? I'm starting to think that I am.

Whybkuul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell no, I use the arrow keys to move! i use numeric zero for my primary nade, then numberic 1 for my second nade... the keys above the arrows are for my spy disguises.. ctrl is crouch, shift is jump, enter is walk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you bind the num pad, I've tried and couldn't get it to work.

ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The binds for the number pad are their secondary function...

0. bind "KP_INS"
1. bind "KP_END"
2. bind "KP_DOWNARROW"
3. bind "KP_PGDN"
4. bind "KP_LEFTARROW"
5. bind "KP_5"
6. bind "KP_RIGHTARROW"
7. bind "KP_HOME"
8. bind "KP_UPARROW"
9. bind "KP_PGUP"

ToRaK

Whybkuul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"0" is kp_ins and "1" is kp_end
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you my lovely assistance's"

Twisted29

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I have eveything but binds on my keypad. It's only 15 buttons or so..so they all gotta count! (even though lately I've been starting to take over the whole (delete to page-up area to...)
MagicVissil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But nades and shotgun isnt what people pick the pyro for, its the hardest class to play with and most people playing pyro want to 'turn-n-burn' there enemies in the same time an hwguy mows down a sniper next to him.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone should have a Microsoft intellipoint. Here is why...

I have a ball, a scroll, two primary buttons, and two secondary buttons. As I do not strafe, I can turn around VERY quickly when being circled by meds, spies, and crazy pyros (though it is hard to see them with your face on fire). Secondary buttons are for nades. Scroll is great for switching weapons. It is one quick click to go from flamethrower to launcher back to flamethrower again. This mouse (ball) keeps you from having to move your hands off your walk or your weapon (if you are using your numbers across the top of your keyboard). And, for those who have to look at their keyboards to find keys, this does away with that... your eyes are where they should be... on the enemy.

I suck at pyro, at the moment. But I am getting better. But certainly like switching weapons so quickly. It is essential.

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-04-19 07:25 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use the arrow keys to move, but now I use the stock w a s d to move around, that way I can keep my carpel tunnel pain to a minimum. (I have an ergonomic keyboard) I have alt bound to _special2 for jumping when I'm a pyro. I use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. I use an optical mouse because I can play without having to clean out my stupid ball every week. (the dorms are very dusty here) Otherwise I use my Nostromo pad with a custom set of bindings to make lots of things I'd have to reach for on the keyboard easy to reach.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: