FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WANTED: Dead or Alive... Soldier tips
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyCoMoM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it, CyCoDaD hates soldiers.

So as nature intended, I want to be a soldier!!! But honestly I SUCK at it.

HELP!!!!!

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be all you can be! (Very lame joke, laugh at me)
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, you'll need the right tools for the job. A freshly painted Rocket Launcher with a custom built rocket.

But seriously, as a pretty much amateur soldier myself, all I can say is to aim for the feet of your opponent, and jump when you fire your rockets. I learned that from mulching EagleEyes. Oh, try to bounce your opponent around before they can get a bead on you. I'm pretty sure you've had it done to you by the resident Soldiers that frequent our fair city.
OS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...and another tip, Eagle taught me this, always fire when the enemy is reloading.

It helps
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some practice as a soldier, go and play some mulch_dm. You'll get killed a horrible kill to death ratio to start with, but you'll learn how to aim your rockets better. This also helps to 'teach' you how to throw your 'nades. To get some practice at throwing people off their feet, play some mulch_dm with the gravity down low (and use rockets). This will make you predict where they will land, and have a nice shinny rocket waiting for them. Hopefully this will help you get at dad some. LOL

ToRaK

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire your rockets at there feet where you think they are going! lots of leading and anticaption in the rocket world. flip to shotgun often to finish off them pesky survivors.

Spys, medics and scouts, (good ones) are the hardest to kill with just rockets. They tend to get blown across the map out of your reach unless you can bounce them around a tight area. so blast them with your shotgun after a rocket or two.

Run from good HW's and get behind a wall after getting a couple of rockets off. You probably wont make it but if you do reload prime gernade...then step out and throw gernade and rocket away. If its an average hw circle and rocket switch to shotgun and finish him...If its the 3 best hw on the Ville DIE!

Prime and hold gernades and let them fly right in their faces (warm feeling all over)

Love to fly!
Rcket Jump! practise practise! Learn the crouch rocket jump so you can get under things and thru windows ect.
Nail gernade surprise, rocket jump and throw gernade over building or.... for great effect
jump on cycodads back and crowbar him! he will love you for that!

Bind your scroll wheel to up for rocket and down for supershotgun. best thing I ever did

Have fun
Dahak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit them mid-air when they are falling
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note on HW's:

4 time out of 5 I can win against an HW, exp. if we are both at full strength and I have a 'nade. It gets a bit harder if you are weak already, or don't have any 'nades. You need to hit an hw with 3-4 rocks (feet shots) and one 'nade will finish him off nicely. The 'nades time out pretty well with this as well. Start a 'nade as soon as you see hw, fire all your rockets at him, and toss the 'nade. This usually works, even against those great Ville HW's.

Direct rockets (rockets in mid-air) are much harder, and I wouldn't bother really practicing this as most people don't spend the majority of time in the air. If you want to get good at this and improve your aiming, play a game with low gravity and only direct rocket fire allowed. Kinda hard to get people to understand and do this, even in a DM server. Remember, practice makes perfect.

ToRaK

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking out those pesky HW is quite easy with solly. (sometimes) Just stay as far away from them as possible. Then just shoot at their feet while priming nades. They can't hit a bus from far away!

Learn to shoot a rocket to the right and throw a nade to the left or vice versa. It sandwiches the nmy in between.

Save those nail grenades for sgs. If you can get it to stick between the legs of the sg, it will take it out in one sec.

When running towards snipers, fire at their face while jumping side to side. It will blind them a little and give you a chance to get closer.

Don't fight too close to your opponent, the splash damage from your own rocket will tear you up.

Have fun Ma!

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-03-15 11:55 ]
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom, I've been wanting to learn how to fight with soldier too. If you want to mulch, let me know (here, PM, or email).

I'd feel better learning with someone else for a session before getting some expert soldier to knock me around.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's much better to face very good people on mulch. You learn more win you lose than when you win. So let someone beat the crap outta' you on mulch. In time you will appreciate it more. I just mulched with some awesome soldiers on a mulch server. They beat the sense back into me. The 'MAIN' thing for all classes is good nade priming&timing. If you understand this you can pretty much kill anyone. Basically go to a mulch server, get the crap beat outta' ya. Learn nade priming. Reapeat those steps over and over.

[ This Message was edited by: EagleEyes on 2002-03-15 15:20 ]
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing:

Having a good offense intertwined with good defense. Some soldiers can counter your shots by dodging yours and shooting you. This can easily be done when you don't jump. When you jump you can't move in all directions like you can when planted.
Computer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i've been wanting to brush up my solly skills, and I guess I need someone tokick the crap out of me, so eagle;.....
when are ya available.

Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to practice some too....lets go mulch..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down, just say when

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: