FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sully's tip of the week 3/5/2002
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T BITCH AROUND FRAG!!!

Oooops, that wasn't it. Just kiddin'.

The actual tip is; know your role. When there is a medic on my team, I expect to have my infections healed. When there is a spy on my team, I expect to have some sg's cleared out. When there is a pyro on my team, I expect the other team to be in pandamonium! ect. ect.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have fun doing what you want to do when you are playing. Not at all. What I am saying is that some classes have core responsibilities that are important to team play. Please don't forget that when you are playing one of these classes. That way, when your team caps, even if you were not the actual capper, you were still a vital part of the team's ability to succeed.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
{PHM} KaV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When there is a pyro on my team, I expect the other team to be in pandamonium!"
True, a good pyro can cause alot of attention. Running around burning everyone like a lunatic, I respect the pyro!

"They played the game with the bravery of being out of range" -Roger Waters
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a great tactic as pyro while going for cp 4 in avanti is to toss as many secondary grenades, and shoot as many rockets in there as possible. This will set the engies on fire, damage the sgs, and basically cripple their defenses. Then all you need is a solly and a demoman to clean up the mess you left in there and voila! cp4 clear.
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there's nothing more annoying than a medic who runs around wildly infecting people and ignoring his teams calls for help.
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add for the medic part. Hit your key for saveme, call medic more often. I'll notice sometime ppl forget that the sign on thier head after calling for a medic goes away. I then have no way of knowing that they need a medic from a distance. I will go out of my way to health ppl up with that there. Otherwise if you are in my path I will health you up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i know, i'm just talking about a couple people I've been around I dont know any one specific that no matter how many times you yell MEDIC and scuse me im in need of medical attention they just stare at you.

Even with my bind key saying "GOD SAVE ME IM INFECTED or some such."

I seriously want to bind a key.

say_team Excuse me, I'm in need of medical neglegence! or neglectance. cant decicde wich.
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot:
Demoman, I expect that church open, or whatever can be opened.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god yes! If you are a demo, the first thing you should do is open stuff. The church being opened, is great for the attacking team.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo's should always open all map area's, except possbily the tunnel on Warpath. Having a closed tunnel makes defense of Cap 3 much funner. They only thing you have to worry about if it isn't blown, is the back wall and someone creeping up the sniper deck.

ToRaK

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN! Demomen should always blow open the passages, and close their own on warpath, if your team controls 3... otherwise, ask your team. Demomen should also spam SGs into submission... I rarely see that. (then again, you rarely see anyone who knows to bounce 'nades off the wall around the corner)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good demo man can be an engy's worst nightmare. *Thinks of all the times my sg has fallen due to a particular person name Albino*. They are the spammiest class, and therefore perfectly suited to taking down sg's.

ToRaK

PyROZen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sully, i didn't know you lived in St Louis. I live about 20mins away from STL

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta second what blown said. You have to let the medics know you need them. We aren't mind readers, and the little sign on your head only stays for so long. Spamming the console doesn't help either. Locations are a good thing. Don't just keep typing that you need a medic. If I don't know where you are, I can't do much can I?
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrozen,
I actually live in Florissant, I work in St. Louis. Glad to know I've got neighbors.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything that is written here, yell for a enough so that if one is near and trying to help ya he'll know who you are, but don't do it so much that your spamming.

The demo thing couldn't be more true. Everytime I play demo the FIRST thing I do is open any possible holes, grates etc. It's very important that the offense have as many ways of attacking as possible, and getting CP 4/2 when the hole is open is a piece of cake.

Final thought on the Demo. Spam.. spam.. spam.. and then spam. Think about the weapons they carry, Pipe BOMBS, GRENADE launcher, MIRV's, and regular GRENADES... sheesh if you aren't spamming with that arsenal then you are doing something very wrong. IMHO they are the best class for emptying a room full of NME's, SG's whatever. Blow sh*t up and give the cappers a path to run through.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: