FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stealing another persons kill?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 16:43, the_avenger wrote:
Here's a tip: Don't be a killwhore. I hate it when people bitch and complain because you "steal their kill." It is one of my tactics to let my teammates steal my kills. A lot of people have called me cowards because I was retreating while firing at them, but in truth I was bringing them closer to an sg, or a pack of teammates who could help me take the nmes out very easily.

I guess I am guilty. I steal peoples kills. Mostly when I am playing sniper does this happen.

I dont consider myself to be stealing kills, I just try to kill the person before they strip off anymore of my teammates armor and health. It is a team game after all, so the sooner a enemy is dispatched then the sooner you can move to the next target.

Also I should add that as a sniper I dont often get a killing shot but I do my best to wing someone, that way they have been softened up when they run into one of my teammates. Heck, I remember softening up two HW's that were then finished off by a scout, we did this about 3 times in a row until I was finally nailed by their sniper as I was focusing on the HW's too much.

Just ramblin.......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they're lying on the ground and I am reloading my shotgun, I assume they'll die by some other hands.
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there really such a thing. The only time I guess is if your hammering you crowbar into the fieghed spy and someone comes by and shoots him and takes the kill.

Speaking of, is it just me or if you are doing this and someone drops thier console down and types kill so you dont get the kill, is that weak or is it just me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happened to me, I think it's gay
Twisted29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone catches me fiened I let them get the easy kill. They deserve it! On the other hand, if I get infected I'm the first to commit suicide. I don't know if this is considered 'cheap' or not, but it keeps the rest of my team from becoming infected....
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my pet peeves is when people suicide when they are infected. That sucks. I know when I play medic, that is the one thing that pisses me off. I run and infect a bunch of people and then I get like 1 kill. Total BS, especially when I know they don't have a medic.

Oh well. I guess I will just stick to sniping j/k

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm infected, I don't exactly kill myself with the console command, more like running into an sg or heavily guarded area
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, does this touch a bad spot with me... I'm fairly good at spotting spies, and I've had numerous medkit, railgun, spanner, and crowbar kills taken away when people use a "powerful" weapon on the person I'm kneeling on... man I hate that!

Anything else is not "stealing kills"... if I see two people dueling, I'm gonna jump in, for all I know, my teammate has 1 health and 0 armor, so I'm gonna help.

Now what I really want to know how to do is steal peoples' 's'kills! EagleEyes, look out, I'm gonna pick-pocket you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what I just learned today, the game is called team fortress classic! Hmm

TEAM fortress...

How can you KS someone if you're all on a team. That's crap.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as stealing someone's kill. There is no such thing as stealing someone's cap. Team Fortress. Kill as a team and cap as a team.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is kind of a pain in the ass to be fighting an opponent head to head to just have some pesky sniper cherrypick a frag off of my hard work.(Team game or not)
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that there is "no" such thing... like I said, if I'm kneeling on a spy killing them, there is no reason anyone else should shoot the spy, except to get the kill.

In all other cases, SHOOT, and shoot alot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and when infected, I either get the heck away from as many of my teammates as I can and call for a medic, or stand on my own 'nade. Cross-infecting is really bad.

Oh, unless I'm a medic on the other team as you... if that's the case, you should be a scout, let me infect you, and then you should run laps grabbing all the health bags and bumping into everyone on your team!

ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with a sniper "stealing" your kill. The sniper has no way of knowning whether you have 2 health or 200 (hehe I wish). By him sniping the guy you where fighting allows you to get much need health/armor, or even press the other team back. The only case I would considering stealing a kill is if you've pinned a spy on the ground. Otherwise it's a team game and should be a team killing effort. On a side note, I hate people who use the kill command in console when I find them lying on the ground. If I get caught under somebody, I know they've had me and just let them kill me.

As far as medic's crying about losing kills to mad dashes into heavy defenses. Just be content with the kills you get, the healing you give to your team, and the fact you've serious weakened and pissed off the other team. If your are infected, go die! It's not a big deal on offense, but on defense being infected is a terrible disadvantage. Just my thoughts.

ToRaK
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong now I mean a sniper has its uses. Heck I can't count the times a sniper on my team has saved my ass from an enemy wacking me off. I guess I should of included All Classes..

its just frustrating to be fighting an enemy to have them killed by somebody else.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: