FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No more Badlands ?? - GOOD !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more badlands ??? Shame, I'm going to miss that map so badley - NOT !
I've never played Murderball, so thats going to be interesting...

I did get to play Wrath for the first time last night, (OK, for those that were there, I know, I sucked and yes I did change to HW to stay alive and wipe a few of you out - when in doubt my moto is to get as much armour as possible and then work it out).
I'm unsure if Wrath has been permenantely included in the rotation, but if its not, then can we ?? As it was a blast, even if I didn't have a clue were I was half the time...
Ap.
Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am saddened that Badlands is removed from the server. I never understood why ppl hated this map. As far as I'm concerned, Murderball is nothing but a sniper map and is NOT conductive to teamplay. I understand that alot of peeps play sniper and are very good at it. But most other classes have virtually no chance out in the open against snipers.

Just my 2 cents

[ This Message was edited by: Demented Avenger on 2001-09-18 16:04 ]
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loathe wrath. It is very poorly structured and heavily favors the defending team almost as much as dustbowl. I was wondering if since murderball was being put on if you guys would add mulch dm to the lineup. I owe LBC a duel and a lot of people enjoy "Mulching". Even if it were for just one time a day I'd do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murderball will only be allowed 1 sniper per team. It will not be a sniper map. It DOES require alot of teamplay to win.

------

There are plenty of empty Mulch servers available for you and LBC to use.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of EMPTY Mulch servers....thats a good one man. I also do not understand the hate for Badlands. What makes the map so unlikeable?? I wouldn't say its my favorite map but I wouldn't say its bad.

Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Rob. Limiting snipers to 1 per team makes alot of sence. Teamplay will definitly be promoted because of this. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to go for the ball when you have 8 or more snipers hunting the field.

Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated my list and out of 23 mulch_dm servers only 8 had actual players in there. So yes.. there are plenty of empty Mulch servers available.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i just wanted to mulch with lbc but i'm never on im when he is so i never manage to get in touch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cstone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badlands is a great capture the flag map. It is wide open, so a good offensive medic has almost free reign of the map, using concs to get from place to place and grens/nailgun to take down SGs.

Maybe people don't like it b/c they can't DM as much as Avanti and Warpath?
{TVB} Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-09-18 15:59, Demented Avenger wrote:
I am saddened that Badlands is removed from the server. I never understood why ppl hated this map. As far as I'm concerned, Murderball is nothing but a sniper map and is NOT conductive to teamplay. I understand that alot of peeps play sniper and are very good at it. But most other classes have virtually no chance out in the open against snipers.

Just my 2 cents

{TVB} Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-09-18 18:14, {TVB} Bada Bing wrote:
Quote:
murderball is good with no snipers at all.with any snipers it sucks they just shoot everyone and make a sad game for all.
On 2001-09-18 15:59, Demented Avenger wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Maian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I didnt care for Badlands much either. I dont think it fit with the same gameplay as Avanti and Warpath. But Im not crazy about these custom maps. I dont like to download them, and use them once, because I mainly play on TV1, except when it is down. But thats just my thougts. I dont like the idea that anyone who hasnt downloaded the map cant play. Or if you download it there, it takes forever on a 56k, and when you're almost through downloading, the map changes, and you've been waiting for nothing. But Im sure that all of you like these custom maps.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maian, I fully understand your frustration..

I went to the website that had Wrath and it took my crappy 56K forever to download the map... Now I have the map, I want to play the fricking thing

Some of the custom maps do make a nice change to Avanti and Warpath, but I like these two maps the best because of the way they are structured. Constantly stealing the other flag and returning it to the base seems pointless. I haven't seen any stats for captruing these flags, and I've noticed that players fall into two main categories;

1) The flag grabbers
2) "Deathmatchers" who have no intention of getting anyones flag and are only trying to kill as many as the oposition they come across.

My opinions.... thats all
Ap.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated badlands at first but it grew on me. not enough to shed any tears though. The good news is that that broken ladder up the reds side central shaft is no longer a problem. Now that was annoying

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've played murderball now and it's alot of fun. Lots of running and even with one sniper per team means there are 3 possible giving me the red eye. But then they have to look out for the other 3 also. Hee sweet revenge. Llama beans was sure giving me headaches though
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: