FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brainstorm - How to populate TV1 more.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Brainstorm - How to populate TV1 more. Reply with quote

This is a brainstorm session guys (not a gripe and moan session). Please keep it that way.

Merf put a challenge out there. He was gracious enough to make the stat threshold greater as asked. Now return the favor and put out ideas (not demands) that you think might bring more players.

Thanks.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to www.steampowered.com and look at the status chart, and then the stat details over the last few days source has almost had more players than 1.3 which in my opinion is kind of surprising i didn't expect it to grow that fast. To get more players is very simple fill it up, and they will come nothing attracts players like a full server. I already posted that if we could get a good concentrated effort by everyone for just a week the after effects would be a consistently full server. I have seen other stat systems, and this is by far the best, and the ville is a great organization with fun servers. If source grows at the rate it has over the last two weeks it will be bigger than counterstrike condition zero by this summer.

AND AGAIN NOTHING ATTRACTS PLAYERS LIKE A FULL SERVER

THe hAXis of evil
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an effort where we can get a few regs to join at least for 20 minutes the server usually fills up pretty fast. I also liked Benders idea about advertising something about theville.org and check your stats, join the forums etc. Building the sense of community outside the game will help bring people back. I am usually up for about three to four nights a week were I can get on and help fill the server up - I wish some 1.3 regs would give Source another shot - it has changed quite a bit from its intial release.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like rough said, if we can have a couple of regs just molling around in the servers, the rest will come. Case in point, I got on alone last Sun afternoon. In a coupla minutes, Sully joined in, and it wasn't even 10 min till we had about 10 players on, which populated to 25 in about 1/2 hr or so. Critical mass usually begins around 8 players, depending on time of day (7pm cst is good). After that it fills up pretty quickly.

I say 7pm CST because we wanna catch the after dinner crowd in the east coast, and once the server's populated, CST and PST folks will see a non-empty server and hopefully join in the fun too! but these are just feel-feel guestimates.

Server trollers won't log onto an empty server. I know I won't. So it's really up to the regs to start the ball rolling. Get on TV1, watch some TV and wait till reinforcements arrive!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*goes to start the ball rolling*
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just need to make more of an effort to play in there Even if we are not crazy about source right now.

Rough Justice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am available Mon and Wed around 6MT so that will work for me and Junk and I have been doing Friday night sessions for the past couple of weeks and have kept it full till the wee hours. I posted my xfire so send me a shout if you need a warm body to hold a spot until it starts to fill up.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the rest of you but I get kinda jaded after playing the same maps after a few hours. I've still got plenty of mojo left but it feels like Hamburger Hill.

I know we went back to the standard map rotation because things slowed down. I don't think it was because of the custom maps since there are other full servers that play nothing but them. Perhaps we got rid of the custom maps for the wrong reasons? Especially since we now know that the issue we're trying to brainstorm here isn't because custom maps are emptying the server. Please don't shooot me ... but any thoughts on putting some of those maps back in rotation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possible solution is that too many where put in at once? I think we should try the idea of getting the server to fill up and then maybe sqeak a custom in there. I know Waldo and Fuzzdad are both working on new maps and Valve is going to release an objective map - or at least the code to make objective maps soon.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By 7:00 PST we had a full maxed out server I got off after a couple attempts to fill it earlier then bender xfired me we gave it another shot, and within half an hour it was 26 out of 26 I will try do my part again tonight see you on the battlefield #2gunfire

THe hAXis of evil
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and help filler up too!
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, Junkyard convinced me to stay

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attendance last night was great! Full servers for the most part and plenty of new faces too! Let's keep this up!
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about free Pizza and Beer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bender gives happy endings too
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: