FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After Win Spawn Killing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

After win Spawn killing Legal ??
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys just don't get it. Once you promote any type of spawn camping you are looking for trouble. I don't care if it is at the end of the round. The next thing that comes everyone starts spawn camping during the round. It's a given as I have seen it time and time again. The next thread will be well I can do it after the round, why can't I do it during the round. The admins are doing it why can't I do it. I guess being admins we look at it different as we look at for our side and from the com[;aint department side of it. We see it all the time. It is safer not to promote any time of spawn camping. Then you don't have any issue's as it is clearly stated in the rules of TheVille.
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bonus round - NOT spawn CAMPING. The point is that any regulars and admins that play source kill anyone anywhere during the bonus round - I have seen and done it. Spawn CAMPING rarely if never happens in source - I have maybe seen it happen twice. I am sure its confusing for 1.3ers to grasp but if you played source more you would understand its part of the game - win the map = bonus round shoveling - and FYI the bonus round kills tally on the score - but they are NOT counted toward the stats - so its not a stat whore tactic.

Those that play source are for it - those against it don't if you read the posts. I understand your posting as an admin but maybe you should come play source a little more and get a feel for how the bonus round is an incentive to win, use team work and not camp.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
You guys just don't get it. Once you promote any type of spawn camping you are looking for trouble.

Alright we need to get some things straight here. The reason why I posted this thread was I was warned by one admin on the other team while another admin on my team was going into spawn, and killing as well as several TVR members. So I was confused, and stop using that term spawn camping because that is not what we are talking about. I used to play 1.3 nonstop, and we are talking about something entirely different. I think you have to get this straight here because on flash I have seen at least five of your admins take the last flag the other side runs back to their spawn to hide and they follow right after them. With all due respect simple I was just looking for clarity because I was confused by one statement one admin made that seemed to be contradictory to what all the other admins that play source were doing. I would never support any kind of spawn camping I know what it is I was a DODCops admin for sometime in 1.3 and again that is not what we are talking about, and they were i was far stricter admins than any one here. I agree with greebo if it is fenced in no boosting in it should be allowed in the bonus round

THe hAXis of evil
cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is the following...
- Bonus round is a free for all.
- If the map designer did NOT build in a spawn gun or immediate death for opposing team to enter spawn then who cares?

As an admin, when a map designer does NOT create spawn guns that kill instantly, they were either too lazy or intended for that to be a part of the game play. Of course, CAMPING spawn indicates you have deployed an mg, gone prone or otherwise are hanging around the spawn area waiting to rack up loads of kills rather than finishing the round by capping flags.

The Ville has always frowned on SPAWN CAMPING, but has always struggled with the definition. This is ALWAYS due to the map's design.

DOD 1.3
- Anzio - Axis ramp to first flag.
- Is it wrong for an allied guy to shoot out the window and down the ramp at people who may have just spawned but are coming to get flag 1? He can make the argument that he is simply defending the 1st flag.
- Avalanche - Allied spawn gun will shoot and kill MOST any axis guy that comes near it.

Now, if the powers at be want to institute bans and such for entering spawn on source servers AFTER the round is over. I think it will be easier for everyone if we just tweak the server settings to exclude the bonus round.

There is no more need to squabble over the definition of SPAWN CAMPING in regards to the bonus round if there is no bonus round.

I personally enjoy the bonus round and feel that if the spawn can be compromised, have at it(I have done it many times now). Boosting doesn't bother me either. The amount of time there is during the bonus round is not that significant.

I'm sure most of my stats come from bonus round killing, so I don't know why I am voting to eliminate the bonus round! Wait a minute! I'm not!

sorry for rambling, but this issue needs some definite action on our parts to avoid any more confusion.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree cmon i love the Bonus round all 10 seconds of it. I have never complained once when you have run me down, and punched me out even all the way back to the very corners of the spawn. It is part of the designed gameplay of source, and again the only reason I asked was because I was warned by one admin, and it confused me.

THe hAXis of evil
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill say this again..i think the bonus round is fine until someone enters the spawn area...once they enter the spawn area i deem that spawn camping...thats all there is to it. If the people behind this game didn't mean to have a bonus round it wouldn't be in there...but it is and if you are out of your spawn run hide...thats all the advice i can give.

also no admin should be in another teams spawn....for that matter no one under any circumstances should be in the other teams spawn.

Powdermilkman
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:
I say, turn off the bonus round. I think its dumb. Thats my own opinion.

I also happen to agree with powder. Stay out of the other team's spawn...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BENDER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im almost 99% sure that people that keep calling it spawn camping have never ever played source, and are talking about it from the 1.3 point of view, correct me if im wrong pls. and if im righ pls play some source and get a feel for it. I have never ever heard any player on the ville on source complain after geting shoveled in corner in their spawn during the bonus round, all they say is "you bastard" and then we lauf our asses off. I ask only of a big favor PLS dont call it spawn camping it sounds so wrong, we are in no way gona camp the spawn! if you want call it entering, or violating the spawn. IT would brake my heart not to have bonus round anymore it feels so good to shoot RJ when hes cornered and unarmed so lets try to work this thing out.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think powder has already made up his mind.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm let me see yup I have played Source as it seems I even was running a Source server. .
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not simplify things a little and just turn off killing of POW's after the round. IMO, it doesn't do anything to promote fair gameplay. There is no skill in killing an unarmed, defenseless player and you shouldn't be rewarded for it in the stats.

Like Bender said, I have my own way of dealing with a losing situation. If I'm gonna die, I'm goin' out on my own accord. I hit good ole F3 and say, "Goodbye Cruel World!" then suicide. Yea, I pay a penalty for it in the stats, but the enemy didn't get the credit for the kill.

Just my way of ,"Stickin' It To Da Man!"

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem... short answer

no. rule #2

rules is rules. and there are many things you CAN do in many of the games on the ville. but those 9 little rules is what makes this community better than all the other ones. powder seems pretty set in his decision and i'm rather happy with his choice. once i get a better computer i promise to play source more. but money problems and so on i won't post it here.

ever play tag as kids? you run and run and if you are the fat kid ( oh the memories) you have to have some place to hide. well what if there is no base?

why change the rules for those 10 seconds when the whole rest of the map you arne't allowed to hang out or go into spawn
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon wrote:
My opinion is the following...
- Bonus round is a free for all.
- If the map designer did NOT build in a spawn gun or immediate death for opposing team to enter spawn then who cares?

I personally enjoy the bonus round and feel that if the spawn can be compromised, have at it(I have done it many times now). Boosting doesn't bother me either. The amount of time there is during the bonus round is not that significant.

I think this has really stirred up some feelings of spawn sacredness by the 1.3 community. The only reason I posted this thread was because I got warned by an admin some what new to source about it, and didn't want to get in trouble with the ville for something that is accepted gameplay all over the source community. I have been ran down by nearly every reg source admin in spawn so far. All I wanted was some clarity. If you guys decide that bonus round doesn't include spawn I would like to know where the boundaries are on the Valve release maps so I don't violate the rules in the bonus round, and again you are not rewarded for it in the stats it doesn't count towards your point totals already tested it.

THe hAXis of evil
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn camping is illegal in game, after rounds, and anytime no matter the circumstance no matter what. bonus round killing outside of spawn is fine...inside spawn not fine...this is the last time im going to say this. most people like the bonus round...i like the bonus round stuff as well but if we find out people are spawn camping (and i mean that by definition not after round victory slaughter) we will kick and ban...and whatever it takes. now if admins have been doing it...well from this point forward it should stop...they should know better.

also the admins have played all the games here a bunch...or else they wouldn't be admins...they might be playing more 1.3 now but that is just the trend at the momment. anywho...if anyone has any objections PM.

powder
innocent
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if i was to run into their spawn....and they all died 'cause i'm drop-dead gorgeous.....would that be ok?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: