FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After Win Spawn Killing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

After win Spawn killing Legal ??
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: After Win Spawn Killing Reply with quote

Got a question about the bonus round. On some maps it is quite easy to go tearing right into the spawn, with the shovel flying, and guns blazing. I completely agree that before the win spawn killing is not legal, and I never have, but after the win on Anzio the other day I got warned for it because on the allied center spawn exit you can jump on left corner of the sandbags, and hop right in. On a map like Flash no jumping is required you can run right in so is it legal or not?

THe hAXis of evil
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My input on this is if they are in there respawn then the winning team has no right to go in there and kill them. If they leave the safety of there respawn then there open game. Bottom line if you have to go into there respawn to kill them thats a big NO NO in my book. I think it is cheap if you( anyone) have to run through the other teams respawn to get cheap kills. Kind of defeats the purpose of changing the stats that everyone fought so hard to get changed.

IMHO thats a true meaning of a stat whore if they have to stoop to the level of spawn camping to increase there score. I mean you already one the round what more do you want?

Thats my 0.02
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
IMHO thats a true meaning of a stat whore if they have to stoop to the level of spawn camping to increase there score. I mean you already one the round what more do you want?

Thats my 0.02

The definition of spawn camping is getting within site of spawn and mowing down players before they even have a chance to move. That is not what i am talking about in source when you win it takes away the other teams guns, and you get to freely mow them down. On flash i have been defending the last flag someone gets it, and I go running back to my spawn imo I am a legal target. If you guys are saying that the scenario i just laid down is against the rules then it has not been enforced what so ever I have been ran down in the spawn after they win not before they win... imo opinion it is part of source game play. keep in mind the other team can run, and hide which i find myself doing

THe hAXis of evil
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about on Flash or Avalanche if they are out of spawn and run back in to hide? I think Flash and Anvalanche are the easiest to run into. But this is hard to do on Anzio - yes you can jump on sandbags without a boost but by the time you run there the round is restarting - Argentan is nice because they are all fenced in - outside of spawn - Kalt hard to do as well as Donner. My opinion its only Flash and Avalanche where this would be a problem - and 75% of the time your chasing someone who runs back into there spawn on these maps.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said above if you have to chase them into spawn I consider that a cheap kill. If they are in the playing field then they are legal targets. I just think it's funny that everyone fought for the stats to be changed and now you want to make cheap kills. Makes no sence to me. Everyone complaining about stat whores and now they want to be able to go into spawns to get cheap kills. If you win the round and the other team is in the field of play then they are dead to rights. If you have to go as far as entering the spawn to get a cheap kill IMHO it's unsportsman like. I haven't been playing source as of late do to the fact that they need to fix alot of things and this is one of them. I think they should have spawn kill points just like v1.3. If you enter the spawn you are killed automatically.

I think NO SPAWN CAMPING pretty much explains it plain and simple. So if you can tell me the difference between spawn camping while during the round and the end of the round is different be my guest. I know when TV3 was Source I was banning for this offence and would on TV1 as well if I were on there. This is after the required warnings of course.

Like I said above though this is my personal opinion and I see spawn camping as spawn camping no matter which way you try to look at it. If you enter the spawn what are you doing ?
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always seen open spawns as fair game in after-round killing, but fenced in ones as a no-no (though I will occasionally chuck a nade into them to catch those guys who stand right next to the spawn exit taunting you with your unable-to-kill-them-ness).

I think we should get a ruling on this.

Of course an easy solution would be to turn the after-round killing off.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
I've always seen open spawns as fair game in after-round killing, but fenced in ones as a no-no (though I will occasionally chuck a nade into them to catch those guys who stand right next to the spawn exit taunting you with your unable-to-kill-them-ness)..

I am gonna have to agree with Greebo I think any fenced in spawn that requires you to jump or "boost" should be illegal, but on almost any server I ever play on ot is allowed. This has been a sensitive subject from 1.3 players since there was no bonus round, and spawn killing is a pretty sore subject in 1.3, but source is a different game. The difference is this if you have been killed just before the final flag caps you don't respawn during the bonus round so anyone left after the win is well aware that they to need run like hell, and hide.

THe hAXis of evil
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is going to be like beating a dead horse. Spawn camping is spawn camping IMHO. Ever since I have been here at TheVille it's has always been frowned upon. I guess it's a good thing I have not been on the server . I see the spawn as a safe haven no matter what, but there is no use arguing with you all as I have seen in the other threads. You all won't be happy untill you are #1 on the stats so good luck with your adventure. I just see changing TheVille rules just so a few feel better about themselves and are on top of the stats.

IMHO I would shut the stats down then there won't be anything to argue about.
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if after cap kills count in stats or not, I just don't know, but I think Greebo's position is pretty reasonable.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So be it like I said have fun. The way I see it if you promote any type of spawn camping you are looking for trouble and a empty server. I know myself would appriciate getting killed in spawn all the time.
BENDER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think i think the best solution to this would be to disable the bonus round. Or if it really hurts your feelings geting cheaply shoveled by the statwhores after losing the round, do like good ol Mad Hammer and type "kill" in console. I see a problem geting killed at spawn when u still have one flag, but I dont see what the big deal is with geting killed at spawn in the bonus round, whats the worst thats gona hapen? lose some points? Its a new feature in source and I think most people apreciate it, being like a reward for wining the round, it motivates you to cap that last flag cuse u know ur gona slaughter if u do. imo it is not even called or considered spawn camping, cuse after bonus round you'll respawn in ur respective spawn. man, evrytime i feel cheaper and cheaper #Puppy dog my point is: in war after losing a batle u either kill urself or the enemy will
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rule i have told some admins...(posted it look at it) is that its fair game outside the spawning area...just run fast and hide...but if the winning round team enters into your spawn area that is spawn camping and will result in a kick or a ban....now it has been brought to my attention some servers allow this (not ville ones)...so the bans will be a little loose at first with some warnings and what not but eventually we will start to ban and do whatever it takes until people learn. Please report any activity you see of people running into spawns as this is the same to me as spawn camping and will be treated thus.

PMM
Malanthros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say, turn off the bonus round. I think its dumb. Thats my own opinion.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that my input is worth anything but I think that the bonus round was added to source as a reward for winning the map. I think it should be allowed wherever you find the opposing team. If you don't like the idea of getting hacked into pieces win the map. It's an incentive to play harder. I don't see what the difference is if you get hacked inside or outside of your spawn your still hacked. And NO it's not the same as spawn camping

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
Not that my input is worth anything but I think that the bonus round was added to source as a reward for winning the map. I think it should be allowed wherever you find the opposing team. If you don't like the idea of getting hacked into pieces win the map. It's an incentive to play harder. I don't see what the difference is if you get hacked inside or outside of your spawn your still hacked. And NO it's not the same as spawn camping

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! exactly exactly
In 1.3 the spawn is sacred, source is not the same game as 1.3 and it is not spawn camping the definition of spawn camping is getting in position while the map is still not won, and shooting into the other teams spawn. I agree completely with you tomato, and anyway bonus kills don't count on your points so it isn't stat whoring either. It is just like tomato said you lose the enemy is going too kill you. You have to get that 1.3 mentality out of your head if you lose in source the penalty is that you better run and hide and survive for a 10 second bonus round or the other team will kill you I have never complained once when I have been run down in the spawn because on the ville source server everyone understands that the spawn is sacred until that moment the other team wins.

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: