FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legitimizing the Stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As beirmeister pointed out - I put my time in!

I think if some regs started the server in the early evening it would stay full most of the night. My point about the stats it that some guys that played regularly got frustratated by it and now I don't see them playing as much. Maybe tweaking a little could help?
cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/Merfy-Poo

All this stat whoring talk is giving me rough patches.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merf wrote:
All this stat talk would be moot if we can just keep the server full. I can't stand seeing the server empty all the time. Why don't we discuss ways to draw more players.

Sometimes when you guys get it going at lunch it fills all the way up, and is full all night. Some nights it is full all night, and those nights it is usually because regs like me and others are on. keep in mind it takes a good machine to play this game, and not everyone is there yet.

If you really want to fill this up each one of us needs to get on at night just as a warm body because once this server gets over 18 players it packs out within minutes, and stays that way. I plan on marathon session tonight all 6 maps, and I gaurantee it will be full for at least one or two maps.

THe hAXis of evil
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Legitimizing the Stats Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
L J 90% of us i beliv do put the value in ranking, maybe to you being top10 means nothing cuse u cant keep up or ur never been

This I think is hilarious. It proves that some people will just do anything to appear as a better player. Yes, you're right I've probably never been in the top 10. But guess what, I don't think I ever checked to see if I was in the top 10. Why would I know I'm not in the top 10? Because I know what it would take to get a high score and that involves what I consider being a cheap player or just snipe 99% of the time. And that isn't the kind of player I want to be.

So, you can assume it's because I suck but you can go ask any regulars on theville 4 and I doubt they'll say i'm a pushover.
herr biermeister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only saw an increase of 150 points for you over lunch.

maybe we aren't so bad after all.
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herr biermeister wrote:
i only saw an increase of 150 points for you over lunch.

maybe we aren't so bad after all.

I went up 190 in 20 minutes- but Cmon and Merf proved my point - they went up almost 400 points. Now if they play on a full server tonight for an hour they will drop points or hover around even. My point is if you want to anyone can be top 10 regardless of skill. Obviously, you have more to lose if the points aren't counted until more players join.

For those who don't give a crap about stats - then wants the harm in tweaking them? My guess is that 5 out of the top 10 will stay exactly the same after tweaking.
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.....I'll just make RJ #1 in the stats and we can be done with this.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These stats really do suck if I went up 400 points today at lunch.

I didn't even play today.
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not my ponit Merf - I am just trying to balance it out some more - improve the stats for players that like stats - I support the the ville with my time and money and only want to make it better because the competition here is really good compared to other servers and everyone's got a good sense of humor and very little asshatery goes on. You stat-whored at lunch you know what I'm talking about!

Rough
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon wrote:
These stats really do suck if I went up 400 points today at lunch.

I didn't even play today.

See - Cmon doesnt even play and goes up 400 points! he he
BENDER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merf wrote:
All this stat talk would be moot if we can just keep the server full. I can't stand seeing the server empty all the time. Why don't we discuss ways to draw more players.

they wont come cuse the stats are crooked #Rofl
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merf wrote:

The sever had more than 18 players from 9:00pm CST to 2:00pm CST last night getting some regs to get it going helped fo sure

THe hAXis of evil
BENDER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merf wrote:
LOL.....I'll just make RJ #1 in the stats and we can be done with this.

#Rofl i dont think cmon would be happy bout that, after all his hard work to be at top of the ladder #Rofl ok and one more thing... whats the point of having stats? whats their purpose? why while playing in servers suddenly some letters appear that say "see whos #1" "check your real time stats @ the ville" Think
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merf wrote:

I agree with those saying we need to up the number of people to 10 before flag caps count (what about a few more before kills even count?).

But merf is right - we need to up the profile of the server somehow, attract more regs at as many times of day as possible, while making sure that the server is well admined.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All it would take is a good combined effort by everyone for just a week, because once it gets full it stays full. It was packed friday night, and we did it with about five regs. It filled up Sunday after you and I got off Greebo. Admin coverage has been better lately so beyond everyone getting on if not just to fill space it should get more consistent #2gunfire

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: