FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new mouse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: new mouse Reply with quote

Im thinking of getting a new mouse and i don't know if i should get a logitech G5 or a Razer Copperhead. I've read a few reviews for the copperhead and i'm leaning twards getting a copperhead with green leds. Do any of you guys have one of these?

http://www.razerzone.com/

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Logitech G7 and LOVE it. its basciall a wireless version of the G5

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the G5 and it works great. I don't see why you need all those fancy LED lights on that other one...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I got the G5 and it works great. I don't see why you need all those fancy LED lights on that other one...

i don't, i care about the feel of it more.

Edit: just got back from bestbuy, i liek the copperhead better, i don't like the scratchy feel of the sides of the G5, how i have to reach for the thumb button, how high and thin the scroll wheel is, and the inclination of the left click because i found myself right clicking by accident. My only complaint about the copperhead was the scroll wheel was a bit far up then then what it normally is on the top joint of my middle finger, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I'm gonna get it off amazon for 25$ less then bestbuy tho.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the G7 and it's amazing. I can't imagine the G5 would be anything any less.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a logitech G4 and its fine for me(it is optical)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Rifle wrote:
i have a logitech G4 and its fine for me(it is optical)

theres no such thing...
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kno lol
but i do have a logitech but its like the first opitcal by them lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Razer Diamondback myself and I love it. The logitech mice are pretty kick ass as well but I don't like how big they are. It's strictly a comfort thing....I have always preferred smaller mice.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dansdata.com/diamondback.htm

Here is a review on the latest Razor mouses. It seems to cover it pretty throughly.
I dont have one myself, I did have an old boomslang that I used for a long time. I am also thinking of getting one but it would seem a trip to frys or somewhere would be a good thing to compare them.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the look sof the G5 it looks to be the same size as the G7 which is a bit big. The Razor mouses look to be smaller ambidextris mouses. If you're left handed you gotta go with the Razor or if you like a smaller mouse. I prefer the logitechs that shape to your hand.

Plus being able to change your sensivity with the + and - buttons right on the mouse is a big pro for the G5. I dont know if I would like being able to change the weight of the mouse though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dpi on the g5/7 is changed with the + and - keys. The sensitivity on the razer is changed with sideclick and scroll wheel whicch gives and on screen sensitivy meter which can be adjusted by rolling the scroll wheel.

From the reviews I've read, the problems that are in the diamondback aren't in the copperhead. Like merf, I just like the feel of the razers better then the logiteches.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just brought home the G5. I choose it for several reasons. The boomslang felt small in my hand. and it's lighting does not dim when not in use.

The great news is after playing with the adjustments in a DOD source sniper map I was able to get shots exactly where I wanted them. no jumping just past the other guys head... It would lay it right on target smoothly time and time again. Much better than my standard laser mouse.!
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
I just brought home the G5. I choose it for several reasons. The boomslang felt small in my hand. and it's lighting does not dim when not in use.

The great news is after playing with the adjustments in a DOD source sniper map I was able to get shots exactly where I wanted them. no jumping just past the other guys head... It would lay it right on target smoothly time and time again. Much better than my standard laser mouse.!

*cough*h4x*cough*
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
ROOFCUTTER wrote:

*cough*h4x*cough*

I second that!

I have also seen an improvement in my game since aquiring a Logitech G7. That mouse "Roxorz my soxorz"

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: