FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Watercooling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Watercooling Reply with quote

Anyone here watercool. I am looking at doing this when I up size my case (need more 5.25 bays). I plan on doing this in early January. Here is what I am looking at:

Case:

Watercooler By Swiftech:

Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to but my comp crashed and ihad to egt a new one and yea never went back, but my buddy has it and he loves it !!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something about water and computer parts...doesn't sit well with me..so i use good ole FAN POWER

PMM
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice, this computer i'm on was the first i built, and i used a Koolance watercooled case. I love it, have never had a problem with it, going on over 2 years now i think.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakon that case is taller than I am! haha
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roommate's got that case and it's just excellent. I looked it over in my usual obsessive compulsive view and I couldn't find a thing to pick out wrong with it. It even has water cooling thought of with holes already in the back of the case for tubing. I have the older cases by Thermaltake, the Xaser III Super Tower ones, and having gone through their customer service, I have to say it's extremely helpful. Can't find a thing wrong with getting that case.

As far as water cooling, I haven't gotten any yet, but I've been looking for ages and still haven't decided. A CPU only cooler should be fine for most systems, unless you've got top-of-the-line SLI cards and both are extremely overclocked, then a CPU/VGA cooling solution would probably work well for you. I'm not very familiar with Swiftech myself, but from what I see in the images, it looks like one of the easier water cooling systems to put together currently out on the market.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you get water cooling, only use distilled water! Most regular tap water has far too much in it to be a useful coolant for a computer, as well as could damage the cooling system over time.
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question i have to ask is is it really needed.

If my cpu ever ran so hot as to where i would need water cooling, i would sell it and buy a different one.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you overclock it is needed and it makes less noise.

my next system will also be watercooled.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I bet DK even overclocks his coffe maker!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:
the question i have to ask is is it really needed.

If my cpu ever ran so hot as to where i would need water cooling, i would sell it and buy a different one.

I am a avid overclocker. Right now I have aftermarket air cooling for the cpu and northbridge chipset. This allowed my p4e to go from 3.2 to 3.84 gHz.

My goal with watercooling is to run at about 4.1-4.2 Ghz, and that is within my reach. My ram is PC4400 and will handle a 1ghz FSB bus instead of the stock 800mHz. Right now my FSB is at about 976.

Watercooling is the only way I can keep a non burn out temp for that step. Currently I run at 41-45 idle and 55-57 full load ( I have worked alot to get great cooling). MB never goes much past 33 with added cooling on the chipsets.

Also the watercooling would alow me to cool my GPU core so I can push it more than I have lol.

Anyone want me to remove the heatsink and fry some bacon?
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of water cooling, but this is coming from a guy who's only bought more memory for his computer and nothing else...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: