FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AOE III
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v.o.c

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the MB is capable of holding a new card is it not possible to turn off the onboard graphics?

im not sure but maybe you guys would know, as i have onboard sound which is turned off.

www.3foottall.com
Vicoden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that stinks....guess I should have looked alittle closer before I bought.

The MB does have acouple extra slots...what they are for, I dunno. There's acouple for more memory and then on the other side of the board there are two slots about 3 inches in length no markings to say what they are. I'm guessing they will fit a video card since I just pulled the one out of my old computer and it came out of a slot just like that.
squidly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
Man, that stinks....guess I should have looked a little closer before I bought.

Agree!!!

Quote:
The MB does have acouple extra slots...what they are for, I dunno. There's acouple for more memory and then on the other side of the board there are two slots about 3 inches in length no markings to say what they are. I'm guessing they will fit a video card since I just pulled the one out of my old computer and it came out of a slot just like that.

If I had to bet on something, I would say that they are PCI slot!!! (slot for adding things like a sound card, more USB port, ethernet card, etc...!!! PCI is Short for Peripheral Component Interconnect!!! These slot are not for Vid/card!!!

Again, I can be wrong. You maybe have a slot on your MB to add a newer vid/card!!!

Ill maybe tonight take a few minute to check the spec of your MB. Ill come back to you later witn an answer!!!!

Since then, you can play mine sweeper on your comp!!!
Vicoden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... your right, not for a vid card. The whole reason I bought the new comp was cuz I was having HD problems with the old one, which isn't even that old. It wouldn't let me reformat the HD. Kept telling me a "process" is still in use and it couldn't "lock" the drive down. Instead of just buying a new hd, I bought a new cheap comp. Didn't really plan on gaming anymore till I saw AOEIII...heh now I'm up a crick.
BENDER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! I had the same problem as u, I didnt know crap about all this stuff, till i started learning bout graphic cards, motherboards, and CPUs, then when i had enough info and $$$, i started by buying a processor wich was on sale heh heh, and from there on i kept on buying the remaining parts for my new PC, heh it wasnt that hard to put it together... so my advice to you is save some $$$, take some time to learn bout PCs and make urself a new one. oh and if u wana play some aoe3 with bender look for me my nick is T_U_R_T_L_E
Vicoden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was able to get a GeForce 5500 that plugs into a PCI slot, its not the greatest but its better then what I had. At least the game is playable now.... $154 later anyway.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: