FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ville Store?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Ville Store? Reply with quote

I was looking for The Ville Store and I noticed it wasn't there. What happened to it? I guess it probably didn't get very many customers... Maybe we can get one up like the original store where you sold custom 'Ville merchandise. That would be cool!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the ville store is a very very funny story actually...it involves a three legged dog...jfet...JD...aquaman and batman...boy was it funny...well not so funny at the time but afterwards and after we found out that the ferret made it out alive man was it a LMAO kind of momment

Powder
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powder ! You promised to not say anything about the Ferret!
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD it had to come out eventually and i feel it explains why the ville store is not here....after all it was a true shame what happened to aquaman

Powder
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
Powder ! You promised to not say anything about the Ferret!

powdermilkman wrote:
JD it had to come out eventually and i feel it

maybe i'm taking this tooo out of context?
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replica wow...just wow...i think you win the prize for taking things out of context and making new sentences out of them award...congrats...SIGH!!

Powder
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a serious note I asked about it months ago and Jfet said he would get it done that weekend but like the original question that weekend was months ago too I too would like some Ville items.

s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears someone is trying to hide something. Maybe we should call it storegate

I’m with tomato on this one. Someone asked a serious question, they should get a straight answer.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay...here is the real answer..

Jfet and i talked about putting a store in about 7 months ago and even had an event all planned out where the winner would get some ville schwag. Then things just came up in terms of needing fixing or games that needed to put in the ville, or problems that needed to be solved and the ville store got put lower and lower on the list of things we wanted to do. Also i was strongly advised by my accountant to hold off on making anything retail at the ville until we figured out how the ville would effect me in terms of taxes.

Will there ever be a ville store? Yes...will it be anytime soon...um..maybe. The ville store unfortunaly is not high on the list of things to do still. Perhaps at the start of the new year i will look into offering a few items at the ville. Though in the past it was not a very big money maker for the ville as i think the highest item was the ville thong.

Powder
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a thong. It would show off my ville booty tattoo
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im sure in the new store the thong will make its infamous return to the ville.

Powder
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my spaghetti top shirt and license plate tag holder thing, and a shirt for someone else love em

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Jfet about it before theVille bash in Las Vegas this summer. It would have been nice to have the items prior to the bash but that didn't work out. Why is it a question of profit? Do you make the items yourself? Whether you make any profit on the items is not really the reason to have them. The reason should be to incourage the supports to share theVille around and hopefully bring other prospective Villens to theVille.

powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have to get the items from a store that makes things according to order and if we are spending more money than we are making that money comes from somewhere bleeding, it doesn't magically grow on tree's...therefore it is comming from my pocket or jfets this isn't a bad thing but we would rather not spend our money on things such as that and rather spend our money on making sure this place runs if we had to. Also you have to take in account the Ville Store was never mentioned until November...the ville store in an official capcity.....has not been available to the public since the begining of this year...my point is the ville store is not...or was not popular up until less than 48 hours ago...i.e. no one has been clammering for it to come back.

Its not all about profit...jfet and i don't make a profit on this place we do it for fun...we don't take a salary neither do the admins or anyone in an official capcity...we do it cause we love it and love the people..and love the ideal...i said i would look into putting the store and i will live by that..right now its just not high on the list.

Powder

Last edited by powdermilkman on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
replica you win the prize for making new sentences out of Powder

lol i think ill leave this one alone

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: