FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Touch-screen monitors

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Touch-screen monitors Reply with quote

does anyone have any experience on touch-screen monitors? And also info on like how they interface with the PC (eg 3rd party software). Are these 3rd party s/w fairly easy to configure/setup for your specific needs (whatever they might be)?

If anyone's got one, what have you used it for so far?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont know about civilan ts's but the military uses them for FBCB2 and most of them blow cuz either of lag or the touch part isn't quite zeroed. But that might be a software issue.

Warner Brothers used them in their store to paint pictures
And the touch screen ATM's are pretty neat.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some classes have a touch projector board that has a pretty nice program where it will take a screenshot of what you have on it and you can draw and write on it and it can straighten shapes and pull out graphing paper background and rules and stuff. no experience with touch screens tho, must be cool to play shooters on em tho.
OpTlk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know much specifically about them...but you might try Business.com and then use the search option for Touch Screens. Thers quite a bit of info on there.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gator
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them used a bit at university during class lectures, makes it easy to annotate on Powerpoint presentations and such.

The one I've heard of is one from Wacom (Whack-em?) technologies... the Cintiq. Not cheap by any means, but I think they get good reviews.

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator wrote:
I've seen them used a bit at university during class lectures, makes it easy to annotate on Powerpoint presentations and such.

The one I've heard of is one from Wacom (Whack-em?) technologies... the Cintiq. Not cheap by any means, but I think they get good reviews.

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm

wacom tables are for art. if you want something for meeting i would use a promethium or smart board or just a touch screen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: