FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Weird...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Weird... Reply with quote

I just tried to join TheVille DOD:S server and it would load all the way up to sending client info or something like that then hl2.exe would encounter an error and shut down. Confused I tried again and got the same results. So I tried several other DOD:S servers but was able to join them without a problem. I tried any servers from empty to full, from this map to the next and no problems. So once again I tried TheVille server and received that same error. Any suggestions?
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont allow crackheads to play! :p

I cant play for more than about 3 minutes My computer freezes and needs the power cut off to it and then a fresh boot oh well this too will work itself out someday.
Easy Target

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Weird... Reply with quote

crackhead_fred wrote:
hl2.exe would encounter an error and shut down.

It did it to me once... had retry it and worked. Why? Dunno!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know. I tried it like 5 times and they all did the same thing. The 6th time it worked fine. Maybe just a bug or something?
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i had that a couple of times its peolly a bug or sumthin and wen they update it will prolly be extstinct..... its prolly jsut like the server verification before and they fixed it so ya!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Verbannt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if ths happened to anyone else but BradGTS, Kxk3, and myself all got error messages today from steam saying our credit cards were rejected and can no longer play dod:s I am confused.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion with Steam is that anytime you get some kind of error, shut down the program completely (from the tray icon) and start Steam again (I don't mean re-boot). It seems to cure many errors (although not all).

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DukeNukem wrote:
My suggestion with Steam is that anytime you get some kind of error, shut down the program completely (from the tray icon) and start Steam again (I don't mean re-boot). It seems to cure many errors (although not all).
I don't know, but I tried restarting steam and got the same results. I then restarted the computer itself and got the same results. Then all of a sudden it worked fine.
CarbinE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tried to join the server yesterday and four times it crashed on me, I sent and error report and said screw it, so i tried another server and i got in first try.

Hopefully the credit card thing won't happen to me too, good luck with that one.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ya restart steam, you may have to (ctrl, alt, del ) to make sure it has shut down. It hasn't always closed completley on my system.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be becuz they are putting all new admin stuff on there and updating and stuff so there might be some errors and stuff but i hope it is... i have heard alot fo complaints about the credit card tho i dont kno wat the deal with that

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackhead_fred wrote:
DukeNukem wrote:
I don't know, but I tried restarting steam and got the same results. I then restarted the computer itself and got the same results. Then all of a sudden it worked fine.

That is why I said it cures many errors but not all. I figure after trying a restart of the program and then my computer, if the problem remains it is probably at thier end.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hopefully with the next update that will be gone jsut like 1.3 if not i guess we will have to do with it til they fix it!!! .... if they do?
also some people saye they are haven problems becuz they bought source through steam and they dont have a HL2 they jsut have the hl2 demo which has the source that dod needs so ya!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: