FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
probs with my avi file

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: probs with my avi file Reply with quote

alrighty, I make an avi file with videomach, compress it with xvid and then play it, in both windows media player and in my dvd player on my comp (intervideo), and both times it appears that my short clip has a "hiccup" in it, where it freezes up, then restarts a couple seconds later, I have gone through each frame to see if it is the problem, tried starting from scratch about 4 times, and it is getting annoying.

I just noticed that it also happens on the last short video I made.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? or how to fix it? I have tried tweaking the configs of my xvid encoder, still nothing.

example 1
example 2
bumper cars example 3

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... any ideas?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now i might be seeing this wrong, but both clips run fine to me.

the only problem is that its glitchy, its like your getting screen shots at 15 fps from steam, and then your encoding the movie at 30 fps, this can be a key problem. So try to make sure the same fps you have of files that you output the same, if this doesnt asnwer it or u can explain it better just try to AIM me Name: Gamepro65, if you dont have it dont worry just update here.

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was just coming in here to delete this. Gave up on avi, it ran fine prior to encoding, just had problems with avi. soooo, I switched it to mpeg, no hiccups, all good. and smaller file size! just a little loss on the quality oh well.

Thanks though

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna give it one last try, here is my suggestiong

Encode all of your bmp files into an UNCOMPRESSED AVI file, then encode that AVI file to xvid, always worked for me.

cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when you going to post the mpg versions? That was a good whackem night.

I'm thinkin we should have a whackem as soon as a second ville source server comes on line.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to wait some. hopefully I can figure out how to put everything together with some music....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: