FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm blind!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the bajeezes is going on?!?!?! I have had a problem while in daVille; everytime I join I see everyone for a split second and then... BOOOM!!! They're gone. Its like I am phasing in and out of reality here boyz. Not to mention all of the railings and signs are invisible. But whats really cool is the bullets and grenades and the blood splatters and the rockets; I can still see those.

Tell me something gents... WTF IS GOING ON?!

Perplexed and deeply disturbed,

[ This Message was edited by: JohnCarterofMars on 2001-08-13 21:58 ]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LilBigCip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its happend before and it did it to me for the 5th time again today. Only on theville3 though. Right after I tried 3 I went to 2 and everything was fine.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happened to me also, not for a week or so. The weird thing is it has never happened to me on any other server.
ummm not that I play on any other server,
I love you server

LilBigCip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happen to me on all the servers.

[ This Message was edited by: LilBigCip on 2001-08-14 15:36 ]
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! The plague is visible... Thanks for the input fellas! I feel better knowing that its not some kind of freaked out flashback I am having... Its a mass hallucination! Muuuhahahahahahahahhah!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue what is causing it, seems to happen to me on the weekends mostly... sometimes changing servers works and often rebooting my box helps , although I'm sure it is tied to the server, whatever works...right. I even tried without punkbuster.... hard to shake once it starts.

Most of the time it is happening to others at the same time, maybe 1 out 8 on average... I have even played an entire game as medic when it happened. I judged by the names that show up, wether there was an NME there or not. I actually got 3rd in the score. I had CyCoMom in stitches watching me run around zigging and zagging and jumping. She said I was playing like a Blind medic. LOL.

Lemons make great lemonade sometimes.... It was actually a blast, but don't really want to do it again
Rockman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has happened to me several times on all 3 servers. If I leave the game and rejoin, everthing's normal. Can't see poeple nor any gratings or railings, just bullets and explosions.

One time I wondered if I was invisible too cause I wasn't receiving any damage. About that time a sniper bullet thru my head answered my question.

LilBigCip

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fun for everyone to be invisable and everyone just goes all out. Wonder if thats possible.

Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what could be causing this. It has happened to me also. I think Admin Mod may have something to do with it, but thats just a guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I get the same prob sometime, usually when the server tends to have around 6-8 ppl on it(if that has anything to do with it).

But ya'll should talk to the admin mod group, and if they can figure out what the hell is doing it. Then they can make it an admin command.

Like admin_stupify <target> and then the llama runs around and is not able to see people, sgs, signs, rails, flags, packs, etc...

It would be fucking hilarious.

Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally had the "blind" bug happen to me yesterday. I had felt left you, it was like a Connection Problem only interactive. I was on TV2 w/ CZ2. But it was different from the other cases I've been hearing.

I could see people or packs or flags while I was in either base, but while I was on the bridge everything was normal. I could stand and watch people materize as they walked into the bridge room (like they were coming through a door or something). So maybe the problem is someway the server is handling the maps? Any admins do any funky map or server alterations lately? It is kinda cool for a while.

Oh yes, I must brag. Even without being able to see I was able to get my lvl3 sg on my bases roof, with a full dispensor. It's scary how well I have the emp-jump timed.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZ2???? I think you mean Crossover2..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents I think what we have here is a complete rift in the time/space continuim that has ripped the magnetic flux into a dilithium crystal explosion leaving nothing but ions and protons floating invisibly about my head and neck... *clearing his throat* Ah, hmmmm... Well, okay, excuse that outburst, I was just waking from a deep sleep...*scratching his chin*

FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"rift in time/space continuum...." LOL

JCOM, I say that all the time at work when I don't understand something that happens. Well, I've been gone for three weeks, but I noticed this happening before I left. And the timing is suspiciously close to the last HL update (insert dramatic music here). SO, I would pustulate (or postulate... whatever) that maybe Admin Mod has some minor incompatibility with the latest HL update patch. But it is so intermittent that it only shows up here and there. Either that or some dark matter has drifted into the warp core containment field.

FingerDemon
Maian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, this has only happened to me once. Just reconnected to my isp, and restarted TF, and the problem was fixed. However, sometimes this happens when I am lagged. Everything around me dissappears: people, rails, blood splats, but this is only temporariyly. But I do mega-lag sometimes when my ping reaches 4095. I lag for about 3 minutes. Ive also noticed that sometimes if I check the console while I lag, it says somwhere in there "publice slots free changed from 0.000000 to 1.00000" or something like that. Could someone tell me what this means? I'd also like to know what these mean: "CL_flush entity packet, Warning Connection Problem" etc. Though im fairly sure its my horrible 56k dial up modem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: