FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nade Priming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenades 101:

Before detonating, every grenade has a series of three beeps to let you know it's going to blow. The grenade will detonate just after the third beep. As soon as you come upon an opponent, start priming your grenade. This is done by simply holding down the button.

While you are shooting your opponent, listen for the beeps. As soon as you hear that third beep, let loose! Of course, the length of time you prime your grenade all depends on the distance between you and your opponent.

This will not allow your opponent to run away from the bouncing grenade. It will simply det in their face.

Of course this all takes a lot of practice with the timing. Once you have mastered it, is a very effective tool for dispatching opponents and guns. Now go make BOOM!

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-01-15 04:59 ]
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanna guess who lives off this tactic?

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or use this that lets you push once to prime the Grenade and let go,Then push it again to
release it...

Name this Gren.cfg and put it in your TFC directory

alias bomb1 "+gren1;wait;exec timer.cfg; bind d bomb1throw"
alias bomb1throw "-gren1;wait;bind d bomb1"
alias bomb2 "+gren2;wait;exec timer.cfg; bind f bomb2throw"
alias bomb2throw "-gren2;wait;bind f bomb2"
bind "d" "bomb1"
bind "f" "bomb2"

Then if you don't like the Beeps you can add a voice count down by adding this to a file
that you name timer.cfg that goes into your TFC *.*

speak "three _comma _comma _comma two _comma _comma _comma one _comma _comma _comma zero"

After 3 Beeps Boom! :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2002-01-15 13:27 ]
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guilty of letting nades fly on their own most of the time. When I do prime them, I usually hurt myself. At least with the mirvs.

As far as Conc jumping goes, I've finally got that down. I spent about an hour on 2fort by myself figuring out the timing for the jump. I like to let it fly from about halfway across the bridge. Then when the detonation beep happens, jump. and unless you have severe lag (like me right now)"Oh sure, blame the server.", you can launch yourself accross any span, or up any vertical structure with minimal disorientation.
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, yeah it is a good skill to learn, i just learned it, the funniest thing to see is a guy explode into gibs, seconds after you release your nade, i love that, its really good tohave for mulching, so remember that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Species your a fountain of information.
I assume you can replace the count down with any words.
I'm going to try some funny stuff.
Can you have a sound besides the stock sound when firing weapon or swing crowbar?
I can just hear it now while swinging crowbar," Die sucker Dieeee...

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2002-01-16 07:52 ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priming your grenades is sometimes a must. If a creative engy gets his gun on a ledge that a grenade will not land on, prime and release. Priming a mirv is very deadly! Especially when released in the air! You can get the four little ones to scatter farther apart. That's how I take down HW and sg's all day long! Teehee

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally gotten the hang of priming nades, and is it ever helping me stay alive...
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run around during the game with a primed nade,cause i never live longer than the beeps last anyways.So if i know im going down....watch it cause 90% of the time you shot me while i was priming a nade. D.A.D nades Death.after.Death nades get shot down priming a nade then the fool runs across the corpse to collect in on the ammo an metal ha little do they realize the lifeless body hides a surprise :smile:Theres a difference between spamming a nade an just someone who knows whats around the corner an can get a hang on the prime.Im pretty good with just about anykind of nade.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MS optical five button mouse. I use the two side buttons for grenades. When I try to prime the gren it releases automaticaly. If I use my keyboard it works fine. Any ideas on why?

I guess I could use Species script, but 1) I dont use any scripts, and 2) I like the idea of holding the button.

I think I remember that YPAWOM uses this mouse, and some others. I wounder if they have the same problem?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamese, I use the same mouse. I used to have my nades on those same buttons but I was always releasing them on accident. So I switched them back to my keyboard. I never had problems priming them though. Hmmm funny that.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamese, I use the same mouse too and I don't have any problems priming my nades. I use the following for priming...

bind "mouse4" "+gren1"
bind "mouse5" "+gren2"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've finally gotten the hang of priming nades, and is it ever helping me stay alive...

You arn't kidding. I'm starting to get good at it. Ask CyCoDaD, he was in that game when just me, my AC, and those grenades took out 4 guys and capped point four at warpath. Mind you, it was a engi, a spy, a soldier, and a sniper, but i still can feel good about that boost of made luck that turned me into rambo for a fleeting minute or so.

Seriously, though, Grenade priming is just about a must if you want to live, what i wonder if there is a way to make the grenade lenght shorter? I've seen some soldiers that will come around a corner, i hear a click, and then that grenade blows in my face. I wonder if one: i'm hearing things, two: i'm lagging, three: there is a way, as i said, to make the det time shorter. Just curious.

-JollyRoger.

PS: Tommy, i've seen you live longer as a medic on avanti than i do as a spy on crossover2(and everyone knows how mad easy that is.). Stop underrating yourself.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That click you hear is one of a couple of things Jolly

1)Your balls hitting the ground due to a intense explosion.

2)The last beep of the priming is followed by a click that signals the nade has left your hand,or i think it clicks anyways when you let go of it.

Those solly's chunking those nades like that Jolly either are good at spamming or know that 9 chances outta 10 when you run into a tunnel or any other close quaters there is gonna be an enemy waiting on you so they prime the nade before they walk around the corner.I do it at warpath all the time to get to the s&mg's outside the tunnel.I prime the nade at the first of the tunnel an run like mad an when i get towards the end i let go an turn as im exiting the tunnel,ive fragged many of sg's like this.

Thanx for the complement jolly im working on my mad 56gay skills so that when i get my cable i can come an own theville an TVB
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-21 15:35, Tommy.Chong wrote:
That click you hear is one of a couple of things Jolly

1)Your balls hitting the ground due to a intense explosion.

Thats funny as hell but does that mean he has stones made of metal??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: