FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help, DoD Movie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Bez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Help, DoD Movie Reply with quote

I know how to record demos, and start movies. I just want to know how to make my movies not look like they lag. Anyhelp? what fps when startmovie? Any programs to sugest, I use Videomatch right now.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easiest method to make videos is to use the program fraps.

www.fraps.com

but you could always do it the traditional way, of witch there are many online tutorials for
http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38964
will help you
also check
www.dodmovies.com
www.own-age.com
www.csflicks.com
for tutorials.

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know so much mrs. keyes?
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well first you have a demo. What you might wanna do first is just do some testing, make a short, random clip and turn it into a movie just to learn how to do it.

When you want to create a clip, you enter console and type:

startmovie whateverforthemoviename 30

30 simply means 30 frames per second, that's usually what you want since it's an all around perfect rate, anything higher is redundant (and filesize would be larger) and anything lower can be choppy.

What that does is makes a whole pile of .bmp files, basically screenshots. And there's 30 for every second, so if a clip is ten seconds long that's going to be 10 x 30 = 300 individual .bmps, and that's like over half a gig lol. The .bmps go into your dod folder with the rest of your ss's.

Once you have your clip, it's best to use a program called Videomach http://www.snapfiles.com/get/videomach.html

*It's one of those "trial" programs that you're expected to pay for eventually, but you really don't need to. It won't stop working, but if it's the trial version it'll have a little watermark in the upper left hand corner like in my video.

So open Videomach once you've got it installed, and "open". Here, you want to find the first .bmp of your clip and open it, the program will ask you whether or not you want to open just that file or the series of files after it. So choose it as a series.

Then go to save as, save it as an .avi, resize it to 640 x 480 and choose the uncompressed filetype as the output.

That will give you a clip, but it'll be like 3049049550 megs since it's still uncompressed.

What I use to actually put the clips together and add audio/effects and whatever is a program called Vegas Video. There's another one called Adobe Premiere but it's a lot more complicated, Vegas is quite simple.

Anyway, you need to pay for it...

Fundamentally it's a simple program but appears complicated, as soon as you have the basic things figured out it's very simple, it just takes some messing around. Basically, you can just drag and drop your videoclips into the video track and mess around with the settings there.

For audio, I use a program called Goldwave, it's really quite easy to. I actually randomly edit my own MP3's if there's parts of songs that annoy me, like long breaks or annoying solos and whatever. ;^)

*Just passing on what I was told when I asked

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe cuz there have been like 5 threads about this and I STILL can't figure out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Camtasia over fraps....... Better fps plus you can use it to reencode with better codecs.
.Bez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty all, I new the basic's but I was getting really choppy movies, Thanks for the progs.

EDIT That cam studio prog is almost pointless if you have XP, well at least for me...I have windows movie maker, samething almost exactly but it is free? Am I missing something cam does that windows doesn't other than it is not a microsoft program
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezzy-|m0m|- wrote:
ty all, I new the basic's but I was getting really choppy movies, Thanks for the progs.

EDIT That cam studio prog is almost pointless if you have XP, well at least for me...I have windows movie maker, samething almost exactly but it is free? Am I missing something cam does that windows doesn't other than it is not a microsoft program
WIndows movie maker sucks. Look at camtasia recorder, its part of the studio package.
.Bez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I doing wrong???? It plays the movie at like .1 fps?

email me if you wanna see the movie I made

bezzy17@yahoo.com

I AM MAD!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: