FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Fortress Forever" - TFC on Source
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Front Page News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: "Fortress Forever" - TFC on Source Reply with quote

Here is some good news for all you TFC fans out there
Planet Half-Life wrote:

Fortress Forever Updates Shutdown2

Fortress Forever has posted new screenshots of the updated Shutdown2 map from classic TFC. Check out their work so far:

You can check out more screenshots of the mod's progress in their media section, or simply visit the Fortress Forever website for more information!

There are some nice pictures of their models also, such as the Sentry Gun and Dispenser.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do people thing about bringing a fortress forever server to theville? ive never played it, so i dunno. maybe it will rekindle the TFC spirit?
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play it. I just hope they do not take to long to get it done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would the Half life mod community play it is the real question...you would have thought they would have gotten into HL2DM...but that doesn't really seem to be the case or atleast not from my view.

Powder
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they did not get into HL2DM as much as expect because in my view it was poorly done. The guns are too easy, The 357, crossbow, shotgun, gravity gun, and Rocket Launcher are all 1 shot kills. Only the Gravity gun and crossbow take any skill, and the rocket launchers is laser guided, so you barely have to aim that anyways. It need some more time to be developed
Blown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HL2DM was fun for a short while, but they released it with 2 maps. That gets old very very fast. HL2DM is still ranked 3rd if you put CS all together, I dont see that as bad. Personally TS had more excitement than HL2DM less the graphics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good points i had time to notice some of this when i was getting pwned by Jfet...but the shotgun has not changed since HLDM cause if you use the double shot at close range it is a one hit kill.

Powder
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good game. I think HL2DM isn't very popular here because it isn't team based...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change mp_teamplay to 1 to make it combine vs rebels.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still the same thing. There's no real goal or anything...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
It's still the same thing. There's no real goal or anything...

theres a combine vs rebels mod coming out with objectives and stuff.
Deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just so you guys know, as soon as a beta is out City 17 is going to be a test server so you can come check it out if you like. It does look awesome, but then as powder said "hldm" looks nice also and no one plays.

DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathbringer wrote:
Hey just so you guys know, as soon as a beta is out City 17 is going to be a test server so you can come check it out if you like. It does look awesome, but then as powder said "hldm" looks nice also and no one plays.

I play HLDM, but a lot of the maps suck and typically no one is around to change it when it is crap.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, I'm friends with the head guy in real life and its not gonna be done until at least fall of this year. They have made really good progess but arent gonna release it until absolutely everything is finished.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaKon wrote:
I play HLDM, but a lot of the maps suck and typically no one is around to change it when it is crap.

well lemme know which maps you think suck, and i can remove them from rotation. i went through about 200 maps to get those in the rotation, so i got kinda lazy after a while. itd be good to have input from someone actually playing them for a full map cycle.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Front Page News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: