FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Important tip for Engies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a quick tip to all you engies out there, if the level allows Neo-tf allways build your mg near your sg that way spy won't be able to be little sneeky gits and blow up yuor sg. Also try to make your mg be able to see where your sg's blind spot might be that way people can't hide from your sg but be still able to kill it. That's all for now.

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the engie spams the forums, taunt him.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

errrr. .(in my opinion) . . you are incorrect sir. Building sg's, mg's, and dispensers next to each other is heading the right way for a smack bottom. You've been breathing too much gas from those nades the spies are dropping. If your mg is right next to your sg, what happens when your sg blows? Mg go bye bye. Always keep distance between whatever you build to avoid losing everything to one granade. Thx

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Kronic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the key to being a good engi is to.... u know i've never really thought about it i have 1 tip tho and that is when your sg is under attack a shotty/emp can be very distracting hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with RKG. I play spy and when I see MG's, SG's and dispensers all close together it makes me drool. 1 airstrike can kill them all and eliminate your defence in one fowl swoop.
[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean right next to it then it's got the same line of site I meant somewhere around the same area(room) so it can see were you sg can't.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew what you meant No Clan and you are right this also stops spies from airstrikng you sg in most cases

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya keep enough space between so airstrike won't take out everything you build in one shot. Another idea that I like is to request what type of upgrade you want, spy, scout for telsa, hwy for launcher etc. Also when you ask for upgrade let them know approx. where the mg is so they don't have to run around looking for it. ie "spy upgrade on steps leading to cap 3". If you can stand by it to speed up locating the mg. Remember to build despenser near cap 3 on avanti to help me, the fatty, and get a medic to touch it also keep it loaded to help your team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a certain distance ( in pixels) you can measure abouts to make sure they are spread out enough? hmm a ruler-pray might come in handy...512pixels by 16? i had an idea to make a stock ticker spray once, but that seemed kinda silly hehe..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on two things. One being the airstike capability of the other team. I know many spies that have perfected the "sideways" airstrike. It comes at such an angle that the spy doesnt have to get very close at all to the mg or sg. That's why I stopped putting them so close together. Two, if you have more than one engy. If my team has more than one engy, then I spread my hardware out as far as I can. We'll use his mg for defense and use mine for offense. Leaving both sg's back for D. You can have an mg half way across the map and it will protect your sg from spies. That all depends on the upgrade.

Ville Admin - Retired
Shootakill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a sideways airstrike?

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to be looking directly up to call an airstrike, you just have to be looking at the sky. It is a way to get at those pesky SGs and MGs that are built under the overhangs.

Example: acropolis2. Jump from the overhang near the cap looking up just enough to see the sky or jump off backwards and looking up. The airstrike will come in from the direction you are looking.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if people will agree that this is a good way to play engie, but...
On maps where I can get free to do this, I like to drop my mg way out near the NME base, try to get it upgraded (to anything), have it kill a player or two... after it gets blown up, move it someone else near their base... I got so used to playing engie with only an SG and a dispenser to watch your back that I don't really know what to do with an mg back inside our base (on some maps)...
I think the fact that I drop MGs all over the map, it will hopefully make NME guys paranoid about them, and in general, it'll slow down any attacks they try to make... as well as rack up some fun kills for me

Naturally, if I'm the only engie, I try to solidify my hold on our own base and not bother with "creative" spots...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitter, that's what I do sometimes as well! The way to do it is to just ask a spy or scout to follow you into the nme base. Most usually will. I like to drop an mg at the nme cap point in Acropolis2. haha That way, my tesla will guard me while I build an sg there as well! I guard the nme base so my team can get flags no prob. When your team comes for the flag, they drop off packs, how nice. Of course, you better have an engy guarding your flag as well.

Ville Admin - Retired
SuperZero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time I knew how to engy...but mgs? Airstrikes?? What the heck are you guys talking about? Man, stop playing for a little while and everything goes wierd on ya...

~SZ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: