FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Engineers and supply packs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to Emphasize the MG first comment. That goes up the quickest and can be used to protect you while the SG is being built. If you are playing with either CyCoMom or myself you should have no problem getting an upgrade as long as you do MG first. I'm not waiting around while you build a SG and I often assume you don't know about MGs and therefore quit looking for them. If you can, use a Tag spray, sometimes those MGs are hard to see. I've seen a few good Touch Me sprays around.

Defensive Engies are good for holding ground already taken. My favorite spot is by the pack at the base of the ramp outside the deathroom after 2 is capped. If I have a spy working with me I can get the MG up and then have some time to build the SG. My second favorite spot is at the top of the ladder. I've gotten a SG up there many a time when we are going for 1. It really slows the defense down, and is very unexpected. I often build a Sg in various places in the area where you go up the stairs from the respawn towards cap 2. The main thing is HOLD that ground.

Also build MGs where snipers like to hang out. The guided missle has very good range.

As an Offensive Engy either build close to a pack or go back for packs. Leave the packs near the battle for the wounded. Always pick an ammo pack from the battlefield before getting a supply pack !! You might find a full pack and have 200 metal in one shot. I often have better luck this way since people seem to toss their nades at supply pack locations. I really only grab a Supply pack when I'm low on health or there is no battle waging or no ammo packs nearby.
[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engies might be weak but there's nothing better than taking out a sloider with your shotgun because he run circles around him and he can't hit you with his rockets
hahahahahaha GO THE ENGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: