FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A little help please

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: A little help please Reply with quote

I would like to get TV III established as a Classic NS server. How ever I work most evenings and can not get in there to start the players coming in. So please visit TV III (I good idea when TV II is full or you are tired of combat) Once the server hits 10 people it switches from combat maps to classic maps so that you do not have the small game balance problems as often. If you guys are not sure how to play classic I can run a night where I teach anyone who wants to learn classic how to play it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to learn how to play classic better. I usually only play marines on classic maps becuase if there is a good commander, he tells you what to do. I still haven't figured out the alien strategy yet.

Plus, most of the people on ns classic servers don't have a lot of patience for noobs.

I think a teaching night would be great for the ns_* noobs like myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play some, since im a noob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I played NS I was so lost noone could find me not even myself. I think I feel into a hole or something and couldn't get back up it was quite amuzing listening to people tring to find me kinda like hiding & seek. O well if I had more room on my HD I would attempt to d/l NS again. Tell then have fun all and see ya on the flip side.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wary of joining the Combat server as I didn't know what to expect as far as commanders and such, ohhh, how wrong I was. I find it to be a refreshing fast paced fragfest compared to the old NS. Mayhaps I shall have to try out the classic server BTW, I noticed that TVIII was full last night, was this a first time or has it started getting populated more recently?
Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably play the same style in regular NS as I do in combat, get to fade as quickly as I can and then kill everything in sight.
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a simplified guide that can tell me what the frickin heck all the stuff does. I know you can grow yourself into nasty things but hell I look at the options and I have no clue wtf is good and what does what. Maybe I should just go marines and shoot those nasties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan wrote:
I would probably play the same style in regular NS as I do in combat, get to fade as quickly as I can and then kill everything in sight.

Problem with that is if you die, you are back to a skulk and the resources you used are gone. And if you don't coordinate and build structures/hives the marines will win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blown, go to www.readyroom.org They should have some pretty good guides and stuff. Just look around their site, you'll find something there I'm sure.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
Vulcan wrote:

Problem with that is if you die, you are back to a skulk and the resources you used are gone. And if you don't coordinate and build structures/hives the marines will win.

I don't ever seem to have that problem. I seem to be able to go fade anytime I want after I initially get the resources.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: