FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV1 woes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: TV1 woes Reply with quote

I know that I am not the only one who is having this problem. While playing on TV1, at certain points, I get a ton of packet loss and my choke goes up.
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur not the only one, %100 choke when i play on a full avanti.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys heres an explanation of choke that should help... It is a client side problem, there is no setting on the server that can magically change it.. its either cl_updaterate or cl_cmdrate that will screw you up everytime. Or it is your route to the server itself.

Pulled from unitedadmins
Quote:
Choke happens when the server would like to send data to a client but it cannot because the client is not yet ready for more data (based on the client's "rate" setting or the server's sv_maxrate). Some things are obvious causes for choke, such as the client's rate simply being too low for the number of players on a server. Other things might not be so obvious, such as a client raising their cl_updaterate value too high.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: