FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
comp prob????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: comp prob???? Reply with quote

this morning started my comp and began readuing the forums until at once my computer just fell out. i thought that there was a power shortage somewhere but when i look at my comp i saw that the green light was still burning.

now it's back working fine. my guess is that it got over heated and went to safetymode?????? cause when i opened the towe it was actually a bit hot. 10 monutes later i put everything back and it's back working. even the heat is gone now.

i will hold on to some wood.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, just reading forums doesn't hog enough power to overheat a system... Does the power supply fan still blow out the back of your case? If not, then it might be over heating... most computers only have the power supply fan providing for air circulation(cooling).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 2 fans. one at the back off my comp and one to the side. my guess is that the one on the back wasn't turning by something. i opened the comp let it cool down(it was hot) and retried. it works bach and the fran is working too. haven't had any problems since then. hope it stays like this.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to someone elso I know. It just mysteriously shuts down. It stopped doing it for a while and it started again.

Was anything stuck in the fan or anything. Thats the only reason I can think of that would cause the computer to overheat, other that water getting into it . I guess if its working now, theres nothing to worry about.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happened again after reading the forums for 30 minutes it just shuts down.

and it was hot. i could touch that box in the upper left corner (whatever that is. tell me please) but the heatsink i couldn't touch it was just too hot.
i don't wanna put any pricy things in this one cause i'm looking too build a new one in september.

for the moment i left the sidepanel off.

i beeter grab that wood with 2 hands. LOL
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important thing that might wanna do is clean everything out. Buy a can, or 2, of compressed air and get all the dirt, lint, etc... out of there. I usually go through mine about every 6 months or so. However I got an air compressor in my garage. To much carp in there could cause poor performance of your fans. Just a thought.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx BRN i will try that. BTW how is that box called in the upper corner???? can i open it?? i'm a noob at hardware.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the one that I'm thinking of that would be your power supply. I wouldn't recommend opening that. There should not be any need to. With the compress air it will get it clean, trust me. Just keep blowing it out till no more junk comes out.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i looked at that fan and i think a lot off crap will come out off it.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to enter your BIOS and look at the temp of your computer? If so, do it. If not... don't! At least not without some detailed instructions on how to do so.

Is your processor fan working?

Is you surge protector, power strip, or whatever you have your cords plugged into near your feet? If so, does it have a power switch on it? It is possible that you are ever so slightly touching that on/off switch with your toes.... not enough to flip the switch completely, but enough to momentarily cut the power.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burn burn burn! a pyro is trapped inside your computer!
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a processor that was powerful enough to overheat...
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there is too much crap in the back fan. and that causes the fan not to turn sometimes. i will clean it out with some compressed air as soon as i find someone who has an aircompressor or a shop that sells little tubes off compressed air.
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Cobra u been gettin sniped alot? maybe if u delete some of that p09n0 your computer will run smoother
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris wrote:
Quote:

Cobra u been gettin sniped alot? maybe if u delete some of that p09n0 your computer will run smoother

LOL.

i have been drivin around today to search some compressed air but didn't find any. thursday i'm going to my comp store and if i don't find some there i'm going to my cardealer. i'm sure he will have a compresser there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: