FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Practice While At Work!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
three_gunn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Practice While At Work! Reply with quote

for those of you that sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day..5 days out of the week...i bet you all are just like me...ignoring your responsibilities and surfing the net...

then there might be days when your lead/boss/team leader has to be doing something thats inconveniently located near your desk, in other words, he'll see you laughing it up and having a good time on 'theville' forums....and to avoid being thrown out on your arse-you start working....bleh.

thats when you start missing TFC or any other game the most...so what i like to do is...increase the speed of my mouse, just a tad bit, a little more than how i have it set for TFC..then i increase the double clicking speed...finally, i start making notepad files...i type 'boom' inside of them and then decrease the window size so that they open up small...save them to the desktop...then i take those 'notepads' and scatter them all over my desktop(or make up a pattern if you so desire)...and then just fire away! (sound effects comming from your mouth are not necessary but can be used with caution)

i feel speeding up the mouse pointer helps your eye-hand coordination and your reaction to where you are leading your pointer...thats just my oppinion though....kind of like wearing a parachute when practicing 40-yard sprints in Track...the increased mouse speed is your resistance and when its back to normal its easier to comprehend.

okay..well theres my lame, useless tip heheh..hope you guys at least give it a shot...i even go through the whole day at work doing normal things on my PC with an over-speedy mouse...its annoying at first...but you soon learn how to keep it in control...
Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!

That sounds like it would get old fast. But hey, whatever gets you through the end of the day, right?
three_gunn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh...once it starts getting old...you take one of the notepads...and type in 'A WINNER IS YOU!'...then you grab one of your co-workers...have him mix it in with the other notepads....and then he has to time you as you try and 'shoot' the right notepad....do this between the both of you and see who has the fastest time....REMEMBER: all this with a very speedy, out of control mouse and double clicker....

the possibilties are endless!
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you work for me? Actually when I sit next to you I am just trying to start a LAN game to practice.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaniteFog wrote:
I am just trying to start a LAN game to practice.

ah yes, can't forget the LAN games

once the co-workers have all left...and its just us, the gamers, that are left in the building...we make a trip to the vending machines..we close our office doors..shut the lights..and frag each other until we hea each other scream from down the hall...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: