FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
When did you become a regular to the ville?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All thru summer of 05, Preacherman kept showing me this great game he had called DoD...I became hooked. My wife would give me grief for playing when we went to his house!
By October 05, we'd both found TheVille (V at the time) purely by ping and liked it so much. So I downloaded the game and played on me own puter!

I think the feeling of community snared me and the fact the Frosty told me "Good job Dog.." instead of "You idiot, get out of the way, n00b", like a lot of the crappy servers out there do to beginners.
Nice Frosty! Good ambassador for TheVille!
Now I love this place! Can't get away!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing on the Ville servers Right after BlueRuler died Too bad I didnt get to know him I continued to play on them for the server rules honestly, I like clean servers, with people on them who'll help you, give credit where its deserved, praise you for nothing, and never discourage you. I knew by the end of summer 04 I wanted to be a part of this community. Thats when I signed up on the forums. Looking back, I really have enjoyed my time here. Let the good times keep coming!

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Decay

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really remember when I started playing DoD. Probably in '02 or '03. Maps like Oslo and Snowtown were the regulars. Back when the garand was super uberness. I quit for a couple months and a friend mentioned the Ville to me because it had a server (V at the time) that had the "blood pack". So I played on that one a lot but I never really became a "regular" until '04. Took me awhile to register on the forums too.

The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started to play DOD a long long time ago but i stopped cause of the lack of internet at my house...i randomly started playin again when i got to college cause i found the old half life pack my bro bought me for one of my bdays. i installed it and played non stop since then...i went to the ville cause of low ping but i stayed cause of the great people...i started AUG 2005

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
DarkTemplar316

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i first started playing at the ville back in 2001, when it was still Avantiville and there was only 1 server. i loved avanti and a server that only played it was awesome. i became a member of <tvb> and was a regular for a while. i pretty much stopped playing games for a few years and didnt come back to the ville until a couple of weeks ago. one day i decided i wanted to play dod again, and i reinstalled steam and found myself drawn back to the ville. and i was surprised when i came back to see there were 5 servers. so now when i get a chance to play im usually on tvIII or v playing DoD under the name A Fall Farewell. i decided darktemplar316 was outdated.
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to play on TV III in 2004, back in the good old ns and nD times.
Played there until ns servers wes taken out then I had a little time off tv, untill cobra convinced me to join a dod server and since Iv had a little dod hook in me.
Seems like Iv been urround a couple of years now

"No gut, no glory"
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea avantiville first day I was here. Running in and out of respawn as a scout shooting the sky and the evil admin (greebo) had a little fun. Bound my mouse to kill. And was about to ban me but i survived and im still here!

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to be a hardcore 1.6 CS player for a few years, then the clan server i played at went down so i wanted to find something else. A friend from there told me about TheVille so i decided to check it out.

I think i started playing in TV1 and 4 but when they switched TV1 (which i always had the best ping at) I changed to 3 and 5 to play most of the time. So I think at most i've been playing at TV for roughly 5 months give or take a little.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm its been a long time. And then off and on.. I think I was still playing on My Commodore 64 or at least it feels like that long ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, started playing here somewhere in 2001. took me a long time to find the forums. wow, that's been a long time. lol
Pro-Pain

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have a relatively short history here... i started playing in late 2004 as DamagePlan..... then i went back to counter-strike for a bit....... then got sick of it, remembered that TV didn't lag which made me happy, and came back around March under the name =HoR=Pro-Pain. I played on and off most of the year, stopped around exams and whatnot. And here i am.
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah became a regular... hmm.. october of 2001... yeah its been a while... found the ville by mistake.. and loved playing here every since.. cool people here.. very cool people

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llama_beans wrote:
hmm its been a long time. And then off and on.. I think I was still playing on My Commodore 64 or at least it feels like that long ago.

Holy Crap! Good to see you post llama_beans.

I remember the post, but I noticed I never posted to it. I started playing TFC in July of 01 when the Ville was adding server II and III. I as a III guy since it was in Dallas.

A lot of time has passed and a lot of people have come through here.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see... I started playing DOD in late 2004. I've known about the server since 2005 I think (I thought there was only one; TV4) but never really visited it regularly. In late 2005 I started playing regularly on IV and put it on my favorite. It's the only server I go to nowadays unless it's empty. Good people, good games, good connection (except for last night for some reason I spiked a lot lol).
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have i never posted in here?

okay so i first found the ville ( avantiville at the time) at a friends house in i believe the summer of 2001. i finally got an okay computer( a dell) and after a while of jsut schooling it up on there i decided to get the hl platinum pack and install. well i remembered how much i loved the map avanti and tried to find avantiville again but it was no more.. had jsut changed the name to the ville. so prolly i'd say spring to early summer 02 i found the servers and i registered july 02. been here coming up on 4 years now and through many bouts of diablo2 and school and whatnot i'm still here. in fact if it werne't for ktulu wanting to see my new sprays all the time and jolly roger trying to show me to conc jump while my ping was at 450+ on aol dial-up and even for that infectious laughter of Brujah as we tried to conc jump across trench2 i don't tihnk i'd be here. but i am... and now you all must suffer!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: