FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HAS HELL FROZEN OVER?!?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a server is well run it shouldn't matter what game it is. I think CS:S at theville could bring in a good crowd. I look forward to that. I doubt they'd keep the server if it started to attract unwanted attention.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll try to answer all of these.

Quote:
just know though that the server will have to be ruled by the admins with fascist-like law.

there is a zero tolerance policy on the server since the day it got up, and it will stay like that.

Quote:
but they are most likely being retards and using the AWP/Autosniper in a 5 person game.

been restricted since the moment the server got up. was 1 of the things that i said HAD to be blocked.
AWP encourages camping, something i don't like at all.

Quote:
The same lame asses from regular CS play CS:Source. Go to a CS:S server at any random time of the day and you are garunteed to find at least 2 ass holes making the game miserable for everyone else.

Not everybody who plays CS:S is an a$$. DOD and every other game out there has llamas. It's up to the admin crew (and with help from the regs) to keep them out. Granted, there are more llamas in CS:S but you can keep em out.

a nice example of this are the servers: Call Of Terror public 1, 2 and 3.
always filled with regs, no llamas, no camping (yes, there is actually a no camping rule and it is enforced and does work). the only thing there that is different from the ville is that they don't look after bad language. for the rest a great server in my book. one of the best even.
(these are Belgian servers with a 100 or 120 ping limit. might be hard for you guys to try it out. sorry...)

-------------

I am 100% sure we can make this work. with some hard work from the admins and help from the regs we can make that CS:S server one of the best out there. all it needs right now are regs.

---------------

Quote:
I dont know about you, but it's REALLY fun kicking cobra's butt in CS:S.

if i remember right, you were only leading me with 20 points

oww, and check the stats now
PopeyeTheSailorMan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN TO BROTHER KOPIKAT!!! Couldnt have sed it any better myself. Well cobra whatever man if you strongly feel its a possibility im then ill give you the benefit of the doubt and let you prove me wrong. BUT SO HELP ME GOD if shit start raining over from this server its only going to trash this community with the showering of clan advertising and recruiting.( which i assume you prolly have takin care of). But hey you know admins can only do so much i just ask that the admins STRONGLY enforce the zero tolerance to the extent of no foul language. Im talkin admins that are as strict as Nazis and rule that damn server with an ironfist but still promote a fun environment.
With this tag, I am <TVB>

<TVB>Popeye-VS-|vP|-TPF-
I Yam What I Yam
KopiKat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my post again and you will find that I specifically mentioned alot of the things you talked about in my post, and mentioned the exceptions to them.

-KK

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You act like the admins won't be able to handle some immature kids and they'd overtake the place. That isn't gonna happen lol. I'm sure they'll bust a few heads if needed and take server down if it continues to be a problem.

Til then let the regulars that are enjoying it continue to enjoy it without feeling as if we're contributing to the downfall of theville.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I wasn't sure it was a good idea to have a CS:S server. I knew there would need to be good admin coverage. After playing a few games with some regulars, the game became much more fun. I haven't seen too many issues with the players as far as following the rules and stuff. There were some incidents, but nothing that I haven't seen playing DoD. They were handled well by the admins.

I think the admins are going to be able to handle any issues that come up. And if the server begins to become a problem, I'm sure it will be removed or adjusted in response.

Overall, I think it was an interesting idea to try CS:S at TheVille, and so far it appears to be going well.

BTW, Watch the language, man...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
Read my post again and you will find that I specifically mentioned alot of the things you talked about in my post, and mentioned the exceptions to them.

-KK

exceptions?

then you, popeye, me, mujo and half of the regs here at the ville who play CS:S are exceptions?

just give it a chance, we'll see where we end up.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off when you want to address someone about Counter Strike Source being here at the ville address me...not cobra...not anyone else...but me. It was my executive decision to bring it here at the ville and i will attempt to explain why i made the decision.

I will make no secret about it ever since i purchased the ville i have had a secret desire to bring it to the ville but for one reason or another i just held off on it...put it off...or just put it in the long term pile. After seeing TV4 lose some of its populaton to TV3 and spliting the population across three DOD 1.3 servers it became obvious to me that we needed something new at the ville.

After running it across several admins and telling the admins of my intent to bring it here there were some doubts but there was not one single person who said don't bring it here....everyone wanted it and everyone after some explaining and rule adjustment liked the idea of having a counter strike source server here at the ville.

I know what you are saying KK is that you go else where to play CS...but that really makes little sense to me. Why can't the ville have CS...Rob didn't want CS but Rob is gone...and i think CS is a nifty little game that attracts some bad people, but for hte most part expands our community outside the borders of DOD. You admit to playing CS on other servers with other people who may or may not share the same ideals...well why can't you play the same game here with a community you allready know and like. Where is it written that the ville can never have counter strike...the truth is there is no rule...and the ville needed to expand into the counter strike realm to break up the hum drum of the same game that we have had for the past few years.

The ville has to be willing to accept change and change. We do not want to be trapped with DOD only servers. If we stick with just one game what happens when that one game becomes unpopular....the ville dies. It is necessary that ville atleast attempt to like CS and accept CS here so that we can expand outside the normal confines of DOD.

Anywho if ya wanna talk about it im open to it...just hit me up on IMs or ill respond here...i would prefer IMs.

PMM
KopiKat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you all wanna bring CS and it's whole crowd into theville, whatever. This place is obviously not even remotely close to the same place it was a few years ago, so I guess i'll be heading off to a new place that fits my more old fashioned mannerisms. If you all are going to throw away 3 years of ville tradition, I won't be around to see it.

Enjoy your CS.

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
If you all wanna bring CS and it's whole crowd into theville, whatever. This place is obviously not even remotely close to the same place it was a few years ago, so I guess i'll be heading off to a new place that fits my more old fashioned mannerisms. If you all are going to throw away 3 years of ville tradition, I won't be around to see it.

Enjoy your CS.

-KK

Don't be like that KopiKat, give it time and see what happens, don't just write it off.

I fail to see what your problem is. Yes the ville changes - if it didn't we'd still be playing avanti 24/7 on one server. Change is not an inherently bad thing. This, in my view, is an experiment. I think it will be interesting to see if we can have a CS:S server while maintaining the overall high standards that this community has.

Make no mistake, anyone caught cheating, being an idiot, breaking the rules etc either in game or here in the forums, will be stamped down upon very very hard indeed.

CS does have a huge following of idiots, I know I've voiced that opinion many times and have heard others do the same. That does not mean that our server and community cannot be a haven from these people.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well KK if you feel that way...then there is nothing more i can say than...bye. The ville will continue to change and i am sorry to see you go or feel that the ville is not hte same place as it used to be in the end. But if you want to pick up your ball and go home instead of helping make this place even better than it is then well that is your choice and i respect anyones choice even if i disagree with it.

I do not see how having CS here is a problem. We have the potential to expand our audience...meet new friends...try new things...see and hear new things. Sure it does have the possibility of introducing jerks and bastards to the ville but ya know what those people existed on TFC, DOD, and DOD source. Every game that was introduced at the ville had the potential to introduce the same jerks as CS does. We dealt with the issue then and we will deal with the issue now and in the future we will still deal with the issue as we have always dealt with it...fair and strict.

The ville changed when Rob sold the place to me...i had to change it he made the ville what he wanted it to be and adjust his audience during his tenure. Now that he is gone i have to change and adapt to the audience before me. The truth of the matter is a high percentage of people who played DOD at the ville played CS and eventually CS source on another server. So it made perfect logically sense to bring CS source to the ville so that the same people who were playing DOD can have the same enviroment without the asshats that might have existed on their server.

PMM
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kopi

I think you should give it a fair chance here. No one says you have to play the CS mod. If The Ville doesn't try to incorporate new ideas and mods. It's bound to die a slow death. TFC is eight years old and DOD (non source) is five years old. These mods don't have their best days in front of them.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:

Enjoy your CS.

-KK

later.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that we have this same arguement everytime a new mod is introduced here at TheVille. I remember this same discussion when DoD hit TheVille I was one of them. I was probably the last person on the TFC server for the longest time. I played with the bots day in and day out hoping someone would jump on just so I had someone to talk to . Anyways bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to play anything. If things get out of hand they will be delt with on the sever and off the server. Thats one thing TheVille is famous for is keeping things at a even keel and when things get out of hand the head is cut off the snake instantly. Thats what seperates us from the rest as we have been there and we have done that.

If you don't change things from time to time you become bland and out of date. We as a community can't let that happen to TheVille which means welcoming in new games/mods or you will disapear like alot of others. Anywho we have a big support group here that goes way deeper then just thre admins here. Everyone in this community is a vital part to TheVille's existance.

Long Live TheVille
Decay

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a smart move. CS and CS:S are the 2 most popular HL mods by far. Which is the reason why it gets such a bad rap. More people playing it which means more llamas. I could compare it to WoW. I've played numerous MMO games prior to WoW but I've never encounted as many "kids" before until I played that.

I for one have NEVER played CS or CS:S but now I want to. Still though, saying the game has a "bad" population is wrong. Sure the admin might have to use his slap-stick more often but you still get the occasional llama wonder into TV3 every so often.

If the server is 24/7 llamas then you can burn Powder. Leaving the ville over this isn't cool though. It is still only a game, right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: