FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Possible Router Issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Possible Router Issues Reply with quote

Ok, i have a netgear MR814v2 router. I used to have connection issues when more than one computers joined the same server for theville or any other half life mod. I also had a problem when more than one computer tried to be on AIM or any other game now that i think about it.

Well since my girlfriend is home for christmas i decided to fix the problem and downloaded the official update from the netgear website. This fixed the problem beautifully and since have had no other issues with the router.

but now after the update it seems that if i am away from my computer or noone is using the internet for about a 2-4 hour period it shuts down all internet access for all computers going through the router. I tried looking through the settings and i can't explain why it would be doing this. The only way for me to fix it is for me to unplug my router, then unplug my internet modem, then plug them both back in, router first.

Now i never had this problem until i got the update. But unplugging just the router doesnt work. I have to unplug both router and modem for my internet to come back up.

Now my ISP is weird. Its high speed wireless. i have a little box, similar to a cable modem that runs to a small dish like thing on my roof. The signal then goes from there to their office which is about a mile away or so. I live in a rural area and it's my only option besides 56k. Its nice and fast and i have had very few problems with it in the past, aside from occasional high latency due to the weather.

Well if you guys have any advice on what i can do it would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking maybe my modem is timing out or my router is doing something funky.

It's nothing more than a hassle for me, but if my mom or someone else tries to go on while i am gone they have no clue what to do. I usually end up getting a voicemail from my mom that includes a ton of profanity about how it's my fault.

So please all you tech junkies, save me from my mother.
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon someone has to know something that i dont. it is annoying me to death so please give me some ideas.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the router is going bad. Try getting a new one. Think

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: