FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Different network question (wireless)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Different network question (wireless) Reply with quote

Gots a quick question.
The house is networked using a router, which has wireless and regular wires capabilities.
At any one time there's usually 2 computers hooked up using wires and up to 3 with wireless.

The thing is, occasionally (though it seems to be becoming more regular) the wireless will cut out for no apparent reason. The only way I've found to fix it is to reset the router, which is fine, it's just that 1) I'm the only one who seems to know how to do this and 2) it's just inconvenient.

Anyone know why this would happen and whether or not it's preventable?
The router is a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-link tech support, hope this helps I know nothing about wireless.

http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DWL%2D2000AP%5FrevC

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that router that i also have supports 4 wireless connections, im not sure if over 4 but some wired it will allow or not. mmake sure that the channels on the wireless connections arent the same or that you don't have cordless phones in your house that use the same frequency.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: