FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD:S Llamas, rule breakers and annoying players.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.B.Cooper wrote:
I know on dod 1.3 how to get steam ids , but how do we get them on source

Type ma_users in console to get the list of IDs

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow gang, its good to see all the positive replies that were getting.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I do value all the help that all you Villans give in helping us patrol the servers. I would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped out in the past with llamas and for all your future assistance too. Sometimes it seems like a thankless job helping to keep our little community a friendly place but in the end it is always worth it.

Cya in game.

JD
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt stutter wrote:
D.B.Cooper wrote:
I know on dod 1.3 how to get steam ids , but how do we get them on source

Type ma_users in console to get the list of IDs

I don't think that works if you don't have access.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then just type status in the console
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is def gettin out of hand, ther seems to be alot of disrespect on 1.3 to, you asked them to stop and the tell you were to go! but it seems like when they realize someone can kick them the start apologizing, maybe we need a big bold rules list that nobody could miss, and let them know its strictly inforced. i banned like 4 or 5 peeps yesterday and im pretty easy goin! what happen? it hasnt always been like this. i def spent more time babysitting than playin the past few days, i try to let them know its serious by kicking but they usualy reconnect and give me a cussin! regs we need to start stopin it before it starts, if we let it go on till admin gets there they think its accepted!
sometimes people swear on accident you can warn them and they respect that, its done, but if you let someone keep it up it gets everyone doin it! we dont need bender and kids his age tellin his teacher to f off cause someone he looks up to in game said it!
1 more thing whan did all the racism start again? thought that was through years ago, but lately its been like playin dod at a clan rally! i mean come on! i love the ville only server i play on, its ours dont let a bunch of spoiled, inmature potty mouths take it over! SPEAK UP IN GAME!!! im done i guess, eva rules!
squidly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought!!!

Would that be a good idea to give to some regular more power???

I mean, not increasing the admin number but for example, giving to trustable regulars the power to call vote to kick people (people blocking door, telling insanity, etc....).

This way, youre increasing the chance to have someone being there when something bad happening on the server and consequently, it would be easier to quickly counteract the problem without always having to "run" after an admin to solve it, AND finally, you don't give too much power to a LOT of peoples (which I think could be very bad), but just enough to quickly kick someone that is annoying everybody on the server. By himself, regulars would not be able to kick/ban someone, but if the "problem" is annoying for everybody playing on the server, it should be easy to solve this problem with a simple vote!!! (Ahhhhhhhhh, democraty!!!) . I think it could be a good way to keep the server clean..

JMHO
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to squidly's idea.

that is possible with supporter access you can have the ability to vote kick and vote(temp) ban someone. and there are a lot of regular that are supporters. its not exactly expensive or anything and you get some webspace. the problem is, however, that on the source servers the supporter privledges are't able to be set up correctly with the admin mod we are using right now. maybe once it gets fixed.

i feel the vote kick and ban is a privledge and when i was just a supporter i loved it. if it is given out to any reg then there goes that little extra incentive to sign up. ( its a great cause anyways so give us your monies!!!!!)
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replica wrote:
in response to squidly's idea.

that is possible with supporter access you can have the ability to vote kick and vote(temp) ban someone. and there are a lot of regular that are supporters. its not exactly expensive or anything and you get some webspace. the problem is, however, that on the source servers the supporter privledges are't able to be set up correctly with the admin mod we are using right now. maybe once it gets fixed.

i feel the vote kick and ban is a privledge and when i was just a supporter i loved it. if it is given out to any reg then there goes that little extra incentive to sign up. ( its a great cause anyways so give us your monies!!!!!)

But what about those people who want to support..but their wife won't let them

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do what i do LIE!
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But what about those people who want to support..but their wife won't let them
Tell her its a donation to a private organization specializing in the security of villuns from bad men.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: