FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The "feel" of source
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad-Hammer wrote:

What Squirrel said and yes I think the maps are smaller. I also think the Garand lost some accuracy somewhere but hey I'm still learnin'.

What Hammer said too. Had to empty out an entire clip before I even nicked an enemy. The nades seem to be a little muted too. Unless you're right on it when it goes off, it just hurts you almost to the point of death while giving you a terrible headache.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played much yet, but so far I think it has a more realistic feel. It will take time to get used to it, but it seems like it is more of a simulation of real life than DoD 1.3 is. The weapons behave closer to how they should, especially the rifles. Overall, I'd say it is different, but I think people will get used to it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked my uber-accurate Kar98...I don't even use it, but maybe in the near future. Until then, better wear a football helmut cuz I'm coming swingin'!
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like it i jsut had to adjust some of my settings but i think it will get better the game makes war more realistic of course ur no going to hear some grenades go off in real battle and all the physics are getting more and more realistic so ya i havent played much either but im hoping to in the future and im not quiet used to the game play yet!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kixx
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Thumbs up Reply with quote

Hey,

Yeah, I am starting to like it too, didn't at first with all the lag....But I set my settings down to low and it seems to be fine now.

I actually like the rifle grenades, but hate the iron sights on Garand and K98.... give us the "butt swing" and Bayonet back Plzzzzzzz !!!!!

Its gonna take some time getting use to it ....I couldn't believe someone was asking about stats for the source server....WE DON"T NEED THAT YET !!!! Wait till I start getting positive ratio's plzzz !!

ok, ltr all,
Kixx #alien

Kixxin' Azz in DoD ~
Easy Target

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOD 1.3 VS DOD:S (If you ask me)

DOD 1.3
* More competitive, espacially because of the power of the rifleman
* The flow of the game is great, DOD:S is alot quicker (sometimes you don't even know who got you, espacially snipers)
* So far less laggy (for now but planning to buy a new video card, no choice)
* Spawn is protected by mg (in Source no, so less hope that will not cause alot of spawn camping)
* Etc.

DOD:S
* More fun with all the ragdoll, the hunt down after winning a map, getting dizzy from a explosion, etc
* Weapon class is more equal now and if you always play random that's a good thing
* Better graphic and more detail in the map
* Maps redone with more possible route to a point to another (I think that Donner is a bit unbalance in Allied favor, but that's my point of view)
* Better sound
* Etc.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...here are my thoughts after my first chance to get a few solid hours in of Source.

I have already grown to love the post-round massacre. Win or loose, it's fun to play hide and seek for a few.

Those of you who've played with me for any amount of time know that generally play a sniper. The action in the sniper class is SO vastly different than in regular DoD that it's not even funny and I'm having a bear of a time getting used to it. It almost feels like you're running in slow-mo while everyone around you runs at full pace.

I like the new hitboxes...I've noticed MUCH less one-shot kills unless it's a square on shot to the head or chest. I have also noticed that they seem to have fixed the issue of hitting proned targets correctly in the head.

I dislike the reload animation for the sniper....while it's not to much different when timed out it feels like an eternity to see each individual bullet placed in the gun.

I am still getting used to the "closeness" of the maps. It's much harder to plan anything versus just a full on rush....because there's no space to really plan from.

I feel like the only map that has any balance issues is Donner...which I've only played twice (once on each side) so I'm not sure yet, but I agree with whoever else it was that mentioned it...It feels like it's slightly in favor of the allies.

I actually love what they've done with Ava..it flows so much better and the layout works much better than old ava. It feels balanced and more acurate to what I think the original was trying to portray in feel.

My only criticism so far comes from the fact that since they had so much time to work on the game I feel like there should have been 2 more maps (no specifics...sorry)......1 more city map (ala Northbound or the equivalent) and 1 attack/defend map.

I simply can't wait until they start pumping out custom maps for this...in fact I may get back into mapping simply for this game....hmm...ideas anyone?

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Source version of Caen would be pretty sweet.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the graphics! the soud has good depth, but the voice communication is not alwyas as clear as DOD 1.3. I do have one issue ------ I want the darn bi-pod back on my BAR!! Although it seems to take half a clip to get a kill, the thompson is now my weapon of choice. (spray and pray, then spary some more) lol

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
CarbinE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I like a lot and dislike a bit is the echo effect, if your outside a certain range of a gun firing it will make a muted sound like its off in the distance which is pretty cool because then they don't have to add so much of the background noise they added in Dod 1.3, the bad thing is if i'm right outside of the range and i'm looking at the guy shooting an mg lets say it kind of sounds stupid because it should sound louder.

Anyone else notice this too?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i havent got the full effect of DOD:S becuz its been too laggy and other things so wen they have it going good it might be better but i still like dod 1.3 way more at this point!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: