FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Server lag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papaweasy
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Server lag Reply with quote

Ive been having heavy lag(high ping) lately on all 3 Ville DoD servers lately and have not had a stats update since 24 Aug. Anyone else having this problem? The problem started 5 or 6 days ago.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Server lag Reply with quote

papaweasy wrote:
Ive been having heavy lag(high ping) lately on all 3 Ville DoD servers lately and have not had a stats update since 24 Aug. Anyone else having this problem? The problem started 5 or 6 days ago.

Thanks for your concern. All 3 servers are in different locations and networks. TV1 and 4 are in the Chicago area. TV5 is in Texas. They are all independent of each other. All 3 have different owners too.

Its very hard to have problems on all 3 servers. If you are, then I would suggest doing some trace test to all 3 and see where the problem is. You could have a bad hop coming from wherever you live into the central area right now. Could also be a problem with your provider. But I can assure you its not the ville at this time.

If you need help checking let us know.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always blaming the servers...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papaweasy
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: server lag Reply with quote

Not trying to blame the server. Just trying to find out what my problem is. After rechecking I have found out that ONLY ville.org I IP 242.10.135:27015 is giving me problems. Will continue to check. Thanks for the help.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depending where you live the damage from the Hurricane could have something to do with it. I'm sure it is causing havock on the lines and has many shorts within the system right now. That and I'm sure there has been alot of raffic rerouted which is causinf a major overload on some services.
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Server lag Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
But I can assure you its not the ville this time.

when was the other time?

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Server lag Reply with quote

KillerRoofcutter wrote:
SilverOne wrote:
But I can assure you its not the ville this time.

when was the other time?

It says at this time, as in there are no problems currently...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: