FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best Controller?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want an optical mouse, but right now I'm using an old (this is key), hp mouse. It is sooo broken in, and very smooth. I can't part with my baby
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much to people's horror, I play with a standard microsoft mouse (the one from 1997 with 2 buttons and a wheel) and I have a bizarre key config. I'm too lazy to get an optical mouse with buttons on the side and whatnot so I just use keys for my grenades and jumping and crouching (you wanna see skill, watch me play TFC using all my fingers at once (hopping, priming, and crouching, and moving, 4 fingers alone and my right hand is on the mouse).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted I read everything but forget what I read within 5 minutes. They say that loss of memory is the first stage of altzhiemers, I forgot the send stage. hahahah

Well I went out and got a logitech optical wheel mouse and it is smooooth. Now what do all the peeps using it do with the wheel in game??????

[ This Message was edited by: Bada Bing on 2002-02-12 17:30 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the wheel to scroll thru weapons and i use the clicking part of the wheel to check the scores really quick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a regular mouse with a wheel (came with my Dell) and I have the mouse wheel set up to switch between grenade types.

MOUSEUP - gren1
MOUSEDOWN - gren2
with mouse button 2 set-up to throw whichever type is selected

Much better than mapping a mouse button to one grenade type, and a keyboard key to the other type.

Just can't throw both types of grenade at the same time...
Ubiquity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the cordless MouseMan optical from Logitech. The MouseMan is truly smooth, but like with most opticals, it does freak out from time to time and you end up doing a spinning prayer to the sun gods for a bit(sucks when you are dodging SGs)

I set it up as follows:
- Button one and two fire the primary and secondary weapons
- Thumb button calls airstrike
- Rolling the wheel scrolls through the weapons
- Pressing the wheel switches to last weapon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: