FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fun Quiz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Little Miss Hurt wrote:
... Room 3 - the lions are dead

Next...

#2 A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.

How can this be?

#Rainbow1

Well, it's sort of obvious isn't it?

1) The husband and her were enjoying a fun game of paintballs. She shot and finally hit her husband and won the game.

*2) The husband and wife went into their pool/jacuzzi and well.... it involved her holding him underwater

3) After drying off, the husband (a sore loser) started arguing with his wife about the game. In her fury, the wife wrapped a noose around his neck and tried to hang him. However, in all her rage, she forgot to kick the chair out from under him.

4) 5 minutes passed, the couple realised that they still loved each other, kissed and made up, and back to the side of the jacuzzi/pool for dinner.

Duh.

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Little Miss Hurt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry

NEXT

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

#Rainbow1
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy freeze them first, then put ice chunks in barrel

I got one

4. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wth was that second question if it was with the first post then i didnt stop long enough after i read the first question to answer the second/read it even. now stevo (no one help stevo with this) what is wrong with your assumption in your post there is a grave miscalculation in your idea. if you want some help ask me and i will tell you the perfect solution to making that room a death zone. i have already figured out how the room could easily be more deadly than the assassins. also i found another miscalculation in the room with the lions its not a big one but it is something that would make the lions still a threat after 3 yrs of no food. first what if they were robots then they wouldnt need to eat but if programed to they could still carry out the function of it. or what if they were diseased and when they died the disease filled the room. it would be a longer more painful death but still a death

ok now that i have my revenge and even more questions to rack your brains on(REMEMBER NO ONE HELP STEVO)

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
wth was that second question if it was with the first post then i didnt stop long enough after i read the first question to answer the second/read it even. now stevo (no one help stevo with this) what is wrong with your assumption in your post there is a grave miscalculation in your idea. if you want some help ask me and i will tell you the perfect solution to making that room a death zone. i have already figured out how the room could easily be more deadly than the assassins. also i found another miscalculation in the room with the lions its not a big one but it is something that would make the lions still a threat after 3 yrs of no food. first what if they were robots then they wouldnt need to eat but if programed to they could still carry out the function of it. or what if they were diseased and when they died the disease filled the room. it would be a longer more painful death but still a death

ok now that i have my revenge and even more questions to rack your brains on(REMEMBER NO ONE HELP STEVO)

sry speaker but you have to go with the info that is given. The question provides the information that the fire IS CURRENTLY burning. It is very possible that it was lit a day before hand, or onl 5 seconds ago. Whenever it was lit though, the point remains that it IS burning. The information does not provide that the lions are robotic. It simply states, "lions". With the knowledge of the English language that we possess, we can understand that the word "lion", by itself and not assisted with any adjectives such as robotic, defines a lethal predatory mammal that lives in Africa and can be found in groups called prides.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
sry speaker but you have to go with the info that is given. The question provides the information that the fire IS CURRENTLY burning. It is very possible that it was lit a day before hand, or onl 5 seconds ago. Whenever it was lit though, the point remains that it IS burning. The information does not provide that the lions are robotic. It simply states, "lions". With the knowledge of the English language that we possess, we can understand that the word "lion", by itself and not assisted with any adjectives such as robotic, defines a lethal predatory mammal that lives in Africa and can be found in groups called prides.

again you assume that i was taking that into context with the subjested question. sorry but i wasnt i was just giving you more to think about and if the question was a hypothetical one than it doesnt matter but if it was a real one then we would take this serious. first some jokes leave out some info so that you dont have the entire picture which is why they are jokes. also the joke doesnt take into the fact that there is a time frame. i mean unless someone is right behind you with a gun saying pick one of these doors, one leads to safety the other two to death then i would wait them out. second as for the "Raging" fire. unless its a sustaining fire which means that it can keep alive for a very long time and reach its flashpoint when the so called "victim is coming in the door then yes they are crispy critters. as for the fact that if it wasnt then all you would have to do is wait it out a little and as nanite states just wait and drink a beer. when the fire kills itself then go thru and out to safety. another thing as for the lions who knows for all we do they are the detroit lions not everyone things of the animals first and formost. so yeah vp like i have always said i disagree with you. #alien #Fist

Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:
easy freeze them first, then put ice chunks in barrel

I got one

4. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

you didnt use the letter 'e'
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

again you assume that i was taking that into context with the subjested question. sorry but i wasnt i was just giving you more to think about and if the question was a hypothetical one than it doesnt matter but if it was a real one then we would take this serious. first some jokes leave out some info so that you dont have the entire picture which is why they are jokes. also the joke doesnt take into the fact that there is a time frame. i mean unless someone is right behind you with a gun saying pick one of these doors, one leads to safety the other two to death then i would wait them out. second as for the "Raging" fire. unless its a sustaining fire which means that it can keep alive for a very long time and reach its flashpoint when the so called "victim is coming in the door then yes they are crispy critters. as for the fact that if it wasnt then all you would have to do is wait it out a little and as nanite states just wait and drink a beer. when the fire kills itself then go thru and out to safety. another thing as for the lions who knows for all we do they are the detroit lions not everyone things of the animals first and formost. so yeah vp like i have always said i disagree with you. #alien #Fist

Speaker, if we blow out every riddle that is given to us with even more parameters, the riddle becomes impossible to solve and becomes a hypothetical situation, and you take out all the fun in it! It's like "a + b = c"
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Room #1 = Room with raging fire (you can assume it will be raging when you go in)
Room #2 = Room with assassins (assume they will shoot you)
Room #3 = Room with lions that haven't eaten in years

Lions can't survive without food. Therefore the answer is room #3.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazebari wrote:
Speaker, if we blow out every riddle that is given to us with even more parameters, the riddle becomes impossible to solve and becomes a hypothetical situation, and you take out all the fun in it! It's like "a + b = c"

kazebari well yeah i know that i just like starting an argument i mean the answer was obiviously room 3 sinces the lions were all dead. but i enjoyed my little annyoing game right here.

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

I lost you somewhere between the first and second word of your post.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

then my work here is done

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

somewhere between first and second word? doesn't seem to be too much of a gap there.....lol

I seen it was Speaker w/ a long post andmerely scrolled through his ramblings. still don't know/care what he wrote

Good job Jfet

Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:
Good job Jfet

thanx!!!
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener wrote:
[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:
Good job Jfet

thanx!!!

Jfet = Hax
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: