FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm blind!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maian, I belive that it is people coming and going on the server. It appears to count down from 20 since that is what we have 20 slots and 2 admin slots.(except TV111 I belive has 22 + 2) So every person that enters decreases this number until 0 is reached and no more "public" players can enter. If someone leaves, this number goes up making room for more players. I 've never witnessed when an admin enters or leaves but I assume there 2 slots must register in the same way. Hope this is close to right

If I had a crowbar and you had a sniper rifle would you let me beat you anyway just a little bit maybe.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-08-26 20:25 ]
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh it happened to me very recently, I thought it was just me until I read this thread. People in game told me I had to restart my whole computer, But I was too lazy so I just played blind for about 5 or 10 miutes. I would run around and listen for footsteps or someone to hit me then open fire and spray the area with my AC in hopes of nailing the sucka. I got 1 person that way, Twinkie, he stabbed at me as spy and that was that. and I got 2 people with my MIRV grenade. Killed myself countless times, and was killed a whole bunch too. It was pretty interesting...but I definitly wouldn't want to play like that for long.

NeatoDude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, just build an SG... or maybe be a Pyro!.. just flame anything you've caught on fire. Come to think of it, that should be a mod like someone mentioned. Everyone could be a pyro... Everyone'd sneak around like spys, but one someone hears a footstep (or a radio message with the new halflife update) the flames'll open up and hell will break loose until everyone's dead or can find cover! Or maybe with avanti... The flag carrier would be the only one seen, and therefore the only one attacked, hehe.

Oh, and on a more serious note - since noone's mentioned it, the "blind bug" has happened to me and others quite a while back, I'd venture to say at least a month if not two. Seemed to happen with the servers at 20 people - but it makes more sense thinking that the computer just ran outta memory somewhere and was unable to load the skins...

--NeatoDude
"Don't laugh at me putting up my sentry gun, with a 28.8 my SG's the only thing that doesn't have lag"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: